+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You can still pull up the Google maps on the browser, if you prefer.

That Samsung Galaxy S III is calling my name, also, but I don't know that I can get it on a no-contract plan.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You can still pull up the Google maps on the browser...
    It works just fine on my MacBook Air, but even in the browser on my iPad, it's quirky and no street view.
    But I've been reading up, and I think there's a 99 app available that can fill the gap.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Heh - I'm such a dinosaur. I have a Virgin Mobile that costs me $30 every 3 months. I never charge it unless I'm traveling. I don't text, take pictures with it, have internet on it, don't own a single ap. My landline is my main phone. If I'm not home, leave a message at the beep.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Heh - I'm such a dinosaur. I have a Virgin Mobile that costs me $30 every 3 months. I never charge it unless I'm traveling. I don't text, take pictures with it, have internet on it, don't own a single ap. My landline is my main phone. If I'm not home, leave a message at the beep.
    That sounds exactly like mine. Somehow I manage to exist with that and my land line
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have to admit I get annoyed with people who are constantly texting (when with other people) and who hold loud conversations in a room full of strangers (airports, restaurants). I also think there is a huge risk for abuse with cameras and video at everyone's fingertips. Forget Big Brother (not the TV show) - we're doing it to ourselves!
    nennie and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I have to admit I get annoyed with people who are constantly texting (when with other people) and who hold loud conversations in a room full of strangers (airports, restaurants). I also think there is a huge risk for abuse with cameras and video at everyone's fingertips. Forget Big Brother (not the TV show) - we're doing it to ourselves!
    I have been on a rant over this incessant texting. My daughter can't pick up the phone and have a conversation anymore and she wonders why I get testy. Texting has taken the communication out of relationships. My kids can't get those phones out of their hands long enough to have a decent conversation. I am fixing to go ape haywire on them and tell them you want to talk to me get the appendage down and look me in the eye when you talk. I tell her all the time if I had an emergency it wouldn't do any good to try and call you I wouldn't get an answer.

I really believe kids love testing because they don't have to talk about things they don't want to and don't have to listen to parents talk about things that they don't want to hear. They seem to forget that the technology is going to be more advance when their kids get older and what they have done to us will be worse on them. They forgot that old saying what goes around comes around or you reap what you sow.

Ok off rant.
    inthegarden and Eastcoastmom like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

It's not just young kids, either, nennie. I'm middle-aged and when my friends and I go out for breakfast and lunch they all have their Blackberries or I-phones front and center at the table. Heaven forbid we could have a leisurely meal without somebody taking a text message or phone call. We are all either sahm's or retired so there is not any pressing work business they have to attend to nor do we have young children in school that we need to be in contact with. It really does infuriate me because I feel like I want to enjoy everyone's company without interruption.
    inthegarden and Fanny Mare like this.

Stay at home moms... I figured that one out on my own!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    It's not just young kids, either, nennie. I'm middle-aged and when my friends and I go out for breakfast and lunch they all have their Blackberries or I-phones front and center at the table. Heaven forbid we could have a leisurely meal without somebody taking a text message or phone call. We are all either sahm's or retired so there is not any pressing work business they have to attend to nor do we have young children in school that we need to be in contact with. It really does infuriate me because I feel like I want to enjoy everyone's company without interruption.
    Isn't that the truth .I had a girlfriend come in from out of town. We went for meal, and she took out her blackberry and her son and his girlfriend took out theirs. Its a really bad addiction I think, and if mum is doing it, the kids don't care. All three having a meal, and each one looking, or texting. I almost feel they shouldn't have bothered to meet up with me.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally agree! I have trouble understanding people who have a need to have a phone in their hand all of the time, no matter where they go. They get all dressed up, and there is the stupid phone. What is the deal? They walk down the street with their phone to their ear, conversing. Huh??? While I do have a cell phone, I also turn the ringer OFF when I am on an appointment, or inside a store. I find it's more than enough to check my silent phone every now and then, and NEVER when I am in the company of another. I HATE PHONES!!! They, generally, bring nothing but headaches and stupidity; I learned this from working when I HAD to answer the phone all day. I used to leave the office just to get away from the phone. If something was that important, they could leave a message or get somebody to contact me, and let me plan the return call....at least that gave me some control. I don't want to be available all of the time!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread