+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Handmade stuff is worth every penny! I knit and crochet. Just sayin'. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Handmade stuff is worth every penny! I knit and crochet. Just sayin'. :-D
    And it looks so much better. I am lucky, my daughter in law knits, and she does wonderful things
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gut, thanks for the Amazon link. Most helpful and much more reasonable, costwise!

I've lost touch with my friends who knit/crochet, and I really miss their cool stuff! I've got a huge afghan that was crocheted by a coworker who crocheted to calm her nerves. I admired it so much that, right before Christmas, she laid it in my lap. I Was Floored!!! Not many people are that generous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've lost touch with my friends who knit/crochet, and I really miss their cool stuff! I've got a huge afghan that was crocheted by a coworker who crocheted to calm her nerves. I admired it so much that, right before Christmas, she laid it in my lap. I Was Floored!!! Not many people are that generous.
    What a lovely co-worker!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so who has gotten the iphone 5? Definitely not me! I wouldn't mind getting the phone, but I absolutely refuse to sign a 2 year contract with any money hungry people! I'm still determined to get a no-contract phone, but life has been getting in my way, lately. I really need a new battery in my Blackberry, but I'm trying to pace myself to my next phone. I've only had the phone for about 5 years, and it's the original battery!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Not me. I'm just not that into paying that much money for a phone. I'll probably break down and buy the iPhone 4 because it's so cheap, but only because it has some functionality that I could use in my business. I wouldn't mind the new Samsung Galaxy, but it starts at around $200.

I don't have a land line, so my cell is my only phone. I need a good one that I like. I have the Samsung Flight II right now and, although I wouldn't say I hate it, it's definitely not my favorite. If I could go back and pick something else, I would. Just lots of awkwardness and too many menu steps to get to what I need.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

My iPhone 3G died a few months back and I got the 4S, though I wanted to hold out until the 5 came out. But now I'm glad because as long as I don't upgrade to the new iOS, I'll still have Google Maps. That ap has saved me more than once, so until Apple can get it together and make proper maps, I'll be on the old iOS.
    Ellen likes this.

I cant believe how many lined up for the new and improved iPhone. My goodness, don't they have jobs or school? I don't have an iPhone, and I am not going to get one.
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Not me. I'm just not that into paying that much money for a phone. I'll probably break down and buy the iPhone 4 because it's so cheap, but only because it has some functionality that I could use in my business. I wouldn't mind the new Samsung Galaxy, but it starts at around $200.

I don't have a land line, so my cell is my only phone. I need a good one that I like. I have the Samsung Flight II right now and, although I wouldn't say I hate it, it's definitely not my favorite. If I could go back and pick something else, I would. Just lots of awkwardness and too many menu steps to get to what I need.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note and I am not sure I will ever learn it all but for now I can do a few things. This is the first time I have ever had a data plan so it's neat being out and being able to look things up on the web.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    My iPhone 3G died a few months back and I got the 4S, though I wanted to hold out until the 5 came out. But now I'm glad because as long as I don't upgrade to the new iOS, I'll still have Google Maps. That ap has saved me more than once, so until Apple can get it together and make proper maps, I'll be on the old iOS.
    I have iOS6 on my iPad, and really really miss the old Google Maps app. For my work, the most useful features are public transit info and street view. The new maps app is totally useless for me. It's not even very accurate. Steve Jobs must be rolling over in his grave. He never would have allowed the release with these gross QA issues unresolved.
    Last edited by Ellen; 09-22-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread