+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

WOW, I am shocked to hear that this is so prevalent. Reminds me of that Friends episode with Ross and the retiring handyman - and the whole point of that episode was to show how ridiculous it was. I would never contribute to something like that - sort of undermines the intent behind a GIFT if you are obligated to contribute.

We have a pool just for the women attorneys at our firm. But each year, an email comes around saying how much money is in the fund and asking if anyone wants to contribute. It is completely voluntary and doesn't impact whether you get a gift or not. I have gotten 3 gifts from them - one for my miscarriage and then twice for my kids. Then whenever we have a shower or something, we take up a local pool - but again it is completely voluntary. We send around an email asking who wants to contribute and how much they want to contribute. Once we know how much we have, then we pick the gift accordingly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's a fashion question: Does anyone have experience with an 'eternity wrap/scarf'? I'm thinking I want to buy one, but I'd like to hear some experiences.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a fashion question: Does anyone have experience with an 'eternity wrap/scarf'? I'm thinking I want to buy one, but I'd like to hear some experiences.
    I have a few of them .I love them, and I never get my scarf caught in a door anymore I have long chunky one, that is comfy and cozy, and is great with my coats and or chunky knits.Also a faux fur one that is smaller and perks up any outfit
    from me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have several - great for when you don't want to fool with tying/arranging a scarf. Very fashionable. I have a black, loose cable knit one that is my favorite.
    Count your blessings!

I love them too. I have a LOT of scarves and the mobius scarves are my favorite. They're so easy and they always look great.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Never heard the term "mobius". Did you make your own? Not suprisingly, I don't knit.

Looks like I'm in the market; looks like most of them are in the $30 range.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'd never heard of these scarves before, but now I totally need one. I can use it outside during the winter/fall and inside during the summer/spring...because now that it's under 80, the my office building has decided it's time to heat my office. Etsy has some cute ones in various price ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Never heard the term "mobius". Did you make your own? Not suprisingly, I don't knit.

Looks like I'm in the market; looks like most of them are in the $30 range.
    Heck no! I don't knit either. One is knitted, but I have one that's kind of a funky stretchy cotton. It's hard to describe. Maybe it's rayon. It feels and looks like cotton, but it has kind of a waffle-y pattern and it's stretchy. I didn't pay $30. I won't tell you what I paid, 'cause I bought them wholesale and it's depressing how much the retail markup is on stuff like that.

I didn't make up "Mobius scarf" - they're called that after Mobius strips: Möbius strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'd never heard of these scarves before, but now I totally need one. I can use it outside during the winter/fall and inside during the summer/spring...because now that it's under 80, the my office building has decided it's time to heat my office. Etsy has some cute ones in various price ranges.
    I got two from Etsy and they were nowhere near $30.00 and a couple on sale elsewhere.. I love them, they really work so well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You can find them much cheaper at amazon. Amazon.com: scarves: Clothing & Accessories
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread