+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7123Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK, so who knows something about UPS?? I was supposed to received a package last Friday between the hours of "approximately" 11 am-3 pm; signature required. I made sure I was at home and waiting, and the package never arrived. I got NO notice of a delivery problem....nothing. I even waited until my usual late afternoon delivery time....zilcho. 2 days later, I get an email saying that the package that I had MAILED had a bad address and that I should come pick it up. I DID NOT MAIL THE PACKAGE, YOU STOOOPID PEOPLE!!! I AM THE RECIPIENT!!! This same company that was sending the package successfully sent me something several weeks ago.

This would have to happen on a holiday weekend. I am totally disgusted.

I much prefer getting my packages through USPS (post office). Not only are they more reliable, but they deliver 6 days a week, compared to UPS's 5 day/week delivery....and I even live in a UPS "hub". FedEx is even better!!!

And I am waaay north of Hurricane Isaac's path.
    Shay, the email you got sounds like a scam email that's out there - I got one like it, too, and I had not ordered anything via UPS. You are supposed to click on a link - and, if you do, you get a little malware gift on your hard drive. I Googled the "wrong recipient address" phrase as soon as I got it. If you clicked on the link, you should run a full virus/hardware scan now.

UPS Virus Warning (UPS/Fed Ex Delivery Failure)
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-11-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm always a little nervous on the 9/11 anniversary. I breathe a sigh of relief when we get through another one without another tragedy, though I did hear we had some foreign embassies burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm always a little nervous on the 9/11 anniversary. I breathe a sigh of relief when we get through another one without another tragedy, though I did hear we had some foreign embassies burned.
    Yes! Libya, four dead. I would pull them out of said embassy- but thats just me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Can someone give me their opinion on this? I'm trying to decide if I should notify the FCC about something I heard on a radio station yesterday around 6:00 p.m. It was a song in which the singer said the F word repeatedly and MF. There was no bleeping the words at all. I was rather shocked and waited to the end of the song to see if there would be an apology or explanation, but there wasn't. They played a commercial and then went to another song. Don't you think that's odd? I went to the FCC's website and it looks like you have to file a formal complaint. I don't know that I want to get tied up into that, plus my time is already scarce. And I don't want to make anyone lose their job or go out of business because of a mistake. I'm no prude, but .....I don't know. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Shay, the email you got sounds like a scam email that's out there - I got one like it, too, and I had not ordered anything via UPS. You are supposed to click on a link - and, if you do, you get a little malware gift on your hard drive. I Googled the "wrong recipient address" phrase as soon as I got it. If you clicked on the link, you should run a full virus/hardware scan now.

UPS Virus Warning (UPS/Fed Ex Delivery Failure)
    Poppy - I've seen those emails - but prhoshay was waiting for a package and they had her email address so that one was legit. I think.....

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Poppy - I've seen those emails - but prhoshay was waiting for a package and they had her email address so that one was legit. I think.....
    I think it was coincidental - spammers get your email addresses from hacking and they attack the big ones like Gmail, Yahool, AOL, etc. The wording in Shay's email was exactly the same as the scammers. They imply that you sent the package to a recipient - and you gave an incorrect address (not that a package you are expecting to be delivered has been delayed). I got exactly the same email from them.

The reason this scam works sometimes is that lots of people are expecting deliveries from UPS or have sent one (and Fedex, which is also prone to this scam). And they click on the link to see what's going on. Not only that but the routing header in the email LOOKS ALMOST exactly like UPS's domain. I got one just last month.

Bottom line: if you got this email and clicked on the link, scan your hard drive immediately. It can't hurt and it can save you a world of woe if you have malware embedded now.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can someone give me their opinion on this? I'm trying to decide if I should notify the FCC about something I heard on a radio station yesterday around 6:00 p.m. It was a song in which the singer said the F word repeatedly and MF. There was no bleeping the words at all. I was rather shocked and waited to the end of the song to see if there would be an apology or explanation, but there wasn't. They played a commercial and then went to another song. Don't you think that's odd? I went to the FCC's website and it looks like you have to file a formal complaint. I don't know that I want to get tied up into that, plus my time is already scarce. And I don't want to make anyone lose their job or go out of business because of a mistake. I'm no prude, but .....I don't know. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    If it was broadcast on public airwaves (not Internet, not satellite), I would make a written complaint to the station first (denoting the time and date of the broadcast and the name of the artist if you recall it). If I had no reply after 3 to 4 weeks I would go ahead and file the formal complaint with the FCC if I felt strongly about it. If they are violating FCC rules, they should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    If it was broadcast on public airwaves (not Internet, not satellite), I would make a written complaint to the station first (denoting the time and date of the broadcast and the name of the artist if you recall it). If I had no reply after 3 to 4 weeks I would go ahead and file the formal complaint with the FCC if I felt strongly about it. If they are violating FCC rules, they should be held accountable.
    Agreed. And I don't think you would get wrapped up in the hassle of the complaint. If it works like most other consumer complaints, once you file the report, the FCC will take it from there. They may contact you to get the information Poppy set out in her email, but then it is more about reaching out the station to find out what happened.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interestingly enough, here's the UPS scam email that came in today.

Dear Customer,

Your Parcel has been returned to the UPS office nearest to you.
    The reason for the return is as a result of incorrect delivery address information.
    Kindly click on the below link to update us with your Mobile Number and in less than (42 hours) an agent will contact you on phone to correct your delivery address to enable delivery of parcel.

To update us with your Mobile Number, please Click Here and enter the below tracking number of Parcel.

Tracking # ( 1Z9575R2P297341747 )

Note: Ensure you enter your correct email information and Mobile Number to enable us reach you on phone.
    UPS Logistic Service.
    Copyright 1994-2012 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved[/B]

If I run my cursor over the provided link, I can see that it has ZERO to do with UPS. I am always amazed at how stupid the scammers think people are.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Interestingly enough, here's the UPS scam email that came in today.

Dear Customer,

Your Parcel has been returned to the UPS office nearest to you.
    The reason for the return is as a result of incorrect delivery address information.
    Kindly click on the below link to update us with your Mobile Number and in less than (42 hours) an agent will contact you on phone to correct your delivery address to enable delivery of parcel.

To update us with your Mobile Number, please Click Here and enter the below tracking number of Parcel.

Tracking # ( 1Z9575R2P297341747 )

Note: Ensure you enter your correct email information and Mobile Number to enable us reach you on phone.
    UPS Logistic Service.
    Copyright 1994-2012 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved[/B]

If I run my cursor over the provided link, I can see that it has ZERO to do with UPS. I am always amazed at how stupid the scammers think people are.
    Yes, and people fall for them regularly. Just two clues to think about, to show this email did not originate inside the US: no company in the US would ask for your "mobile" number; they would ask for either a contact number or your cell phone. Mobile is a non-US reference to cell phones. Also, the time to respond - 42 hours. Seriously? What company in the US isn't going to give you a typical 12 hour timeframe (24, 36 or 48 hours). Those two things right off the bat should make it clear this didn't come from a US company. Take a look at those scam emails from now on - if you scrutinize them, you will quickly begin to see how it is a non-US person trying to sound like a US person . . . and failing! Just sayin'.

+ Reply to Thread