+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just read that The Today Show skipped their annual 9/11 moment of silence today so they could air their interview with Kris Jenner. This boggles the brain. Those people really have lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just read that The Today Show skipped their annual 9/11 moment of silence today so they could air their interview with Kris Jenner. This boggles the brain. Those people really have lost it.
    I guess we know where their priorities lie. I hope they lost in the ratings today.

Reminds me of what happened in my office back in 2001. If you remember, the Friday after the attacks was designated as a National Day of Prayer. Our office was divided into two main halves/departments. My supervisor's office was in one side of the building, but I actually worked on the other side. I came out of his office on that Friday morning to find the entire department holding hands and being led in a group prayer (and not in a religious way, if you know what I mean). My supervisor and I quickly bowed our heads and joined in. Then I walked over to the section of the building where my desk was and one of the supervisors was making all of her people celebrate her birthday and kiss her butt. Nice priorities, huh?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm from the south and using Ma'am is considered to be good manners, but IMO it should be reserved for children to say to adults. Once you reach age 18, you can lose it for people older than you, unless they are grandparents, older aunts or older people you know. That's how I see it.

I have had females who appear to be in their 30's refer to me with ma'am when I was not much older than them and I don't think I looked it either. I find that insulting and have instructed them to save it. lol
    Really? Being called ma'am or miss doesn't bother me. There are a lot more impolite things someone could call me! My friends and co-workers often call each other ma'am and it's not seen as a sign of disrespect.

Although I don't mind being called honey, sweetie, or darlin' and I know that bothers some women. I guess I'm just so glad to have someone speak to me, I don't care what they call me.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm sorry I put the post about the Today Show on this thread. I forgot to leave TV off. It's too late to remove. I hope a mod will correct it. Sorry.

No big deal. It was a part of the discussion abut 9/11
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I HATE being called "honey" (just goes all through me!) and I can't stand to hear couples refer to each other as "honey". It just sounds so phony when young, couples do it. Older couples....not so bad, though.

Finally got my UPS package today. Guess the clowns finally got it right. They have been sending me emails saying that my package was at "the post office", but since they also told me that I was the sender, I had no idea what they were talking about. I just waited them out, and the package finally was delivered. Just where did they expect me to go to retrieve the package since I was the recipient?? Shame on them for such poor service.....be it the shipping company of origin or UPS.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What makes me feel old? Realizing that my students were either not born or just toddlers and don't remember 9/11.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Our local affilitate, WBNC, which is channel 4 in the NYC metro area did not air the Jenner interview. They started airing the ceremony coverage around 8:30.
    New York City's local affiliate WNBC did cut in with local programming covering the moment of silence, coordinated with New York and D.C. starting at 8:46 a.m. ET, but the national programming stayed with Jenner.
    NBC shamed in social media for failing to cover 9/11 moment of silence - Yahoo! TV
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They did a spot on the lack of coverage on Inside Edition. Tsk, tsk.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am Canadian and I still have fears from 9/11 and I knew no one that was in the buildings on that day but I do want to say to the families that lost someone they loved be it a family member or just a friend that I still think about you and hope you are doing a bit better now that time has passed some.

+ Reply to Thread