+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Either UPS or Fed Ex comes here in our town!
    Easter Bunnies!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was just visiting the forum I used to post at and saw that I'm #7 there in the members with the most amount of posts. Actually, I started off posting under a different name so if you combined my posts from both of those accounts, I would be #3. I have a total of about 20,000 posts there.

I have a long way to go to catch up here! At only about 1,000 posts, I'm not even if the top 7 pages of members with the highest number of posts. It'll take time to build up that kind of a count here, but I'm not in a hurry. It took many years for me to get 20,000 posts at the other forum.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I was just visiting the forum I used to post at and saw that I'm #7 there in the members with the most amount of posts. Actually, I started off posting under a different name so if you combined my posts from both of those accounts, I would be #3. I have a total of about 20,000 posts there.

I have a long way to go to catch up here! At only about 1,000 posts, I'm not even if the top 7 pages of members with the highest number of posts. It'll take time to build up that kind of a count here, but I'm not in a hurry. It took many years for me to get 20,000 posts at the other forum.
    OMG! Congratulations! I'm afraid I'm far behind you. lol

I am trying to figure this out. If anyone knows please chime in. I recently had some professional photographs taken of my niece and I purchased the CD of all the photos from the studio. I would like to make a copy of the CD. Do you know if that is possible? I now own it, so I don't know why not, but just wanted to make sure before I do it.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Debb, I am thinking that as long as you make the copy for your own personal use, it would be fine. Just as long as you don't sell the copy that you made, or maybe even give it away to a family member. It would be like making a copy of a CD you purchased to keep in your car...same thing, I would think.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree. They're your pictures and you paid for the CD so as long as the copy is for your personal use, not being mass-produced and sold for profit, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thanks. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG! Congratulations! I'm afraid I'm far behind you. lol

I am trying to figure this out. If anyone knows please chime in. I recently had some professional photographs taken of my niece and I purchased the CD of all the photos from the studio. I would like to make a copy of the CD. Do you know if that is possible? I now own it, so I don't know why not, but just wanted to make sure before I do it.
    I had a similar situation with a DVD video of a wedding. Also the bride/groom bought the CD/DVD, whatever it is, of pictures. We were both told that by buying the CD/DVD's we were also buying the rights to have pictures printed or the CD/DVD's reproduced.
    The only stipulation is that any reproductions cannot be sold or viewed for monetary gain, as in charging people to view it or selling the copies/pictures.

This is how a lot of wedding pictures are sold by photographers nowadays apparently.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

You know you're getting old when businesses automatically give you a senior discount without asking your birthdate.

And you know you're cheap when you receive the senior discount in error and aren't offended by it since it shaved a few bucks off your bill! lol!

Yup, I had this happen at Super Lube this weekend. I didn't know they had given me a senior discount until I scanned my receipt before leaving. I wasn't going to complain and have them add the money they took off back on.

It made me wonder though what age you have to be for the senior discount. I'm 41 so if the age it kicks in is 45, that's not so bad. If It's 55 or 65, though, I have to object. I don't think I look that old! Usually people think I'm younger than I am and can't believe I'm in my forties when I tell them.
    Debb70 likes this.

I haven't received my senior discount yet. People are pretty cheap where I live so they aren't easy to come by. lol

I was shopping for a baby gift a couple of years ago and the sales lady asked if it was my first grandchild. I was horrified! Then I thought for a moment. Hey, I'm plenty old to be a grandma. lol

Then recently when I took my grand niece to get her photograph taken, the studio left a message that my baby's pictures were ready to be picked up! Go figure. lol Made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You know you're getting old when businesses automatically give you a senior discount without asking your birthdate.

And you know you're cheap when you receive the senior discount in error and aren't offended by it since it shaved a few bucks off your bill! lol!

Yup, I had this happen at Super Lube this weekend. I didn't know they had given me a senior discount until I scanned my receipt before leaving. I wasn't going to complain and have them add the money they took off back on.

It made me wonder though what age you have to be for the senior discount. I'm 41 so if the age it kicks in is 45, that's not so bad. If It's 55 or 65, though, I have to object. I don't think I look that old! Usually people think I'm younger than I am and can't believe I'm in my forties when I tell them.
    I don't think there's a set age for Senior Discount. Different stores/restaurants have different ages.
    Tell yourself that the place that offered it to you uses 40 & they're very astute at judging ages.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

+ Reply to Thread