+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5917Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #17961
    FORT Fogey PGM35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,400

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I've had UPS packages MAILED to the Post Office and then delivered. Very strange but the Sender pays to have it shipped via UPS and then the UPS sends it via the USPS? I don't get it but prhoshay I think that is what happened to you. But then again, if the address was right per their first delivery, why didn't the USPS get it to you? I don't like having to sign for certified letters at home. I'm never there when they try to deliver them and then they take to the post office further away from where I live - because I am on the wrong side of the highway and then they are closed until I start work so I have to take off work to go sign for it. Ugh.

    I use FedEx even for personal stuff. They are much more dependable here. I like UPS but see issues above with leaving at the door, I'm always afraid someone will take my package and then its just he said he dropped it off but how can I prove that?

  2. #17962
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,174

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I've had UPS packages MAILED to the Post Office and then delivered. Very strange but the Sender pays to have it shipped via UPS and then the UPS sends it via the USPS? I don't get it but prhoshay I think that is what happened to you. But then again, if the address was right per their first delivery, why didn't the USPS get it to you? I don't like having to sign for certified letters at home. I'm never there when they try to deliver them and then they take to the post office further away from where I live - because I am on the wrong side of the highway and then they are closed until I start work so I have to take off work to go sign for it. Ugh.

    I use FedEx even for personal stuff. They are much more dependable here. I like UPS but see issues above with leaving at the door, I'm always afraid someone will take my package and then its just he said he dropped it off but how can I prove that?
    I've had that happen too Once it was for one of the Harry Potter books. I ordered it through Amazon, which promised delivery on the release date, but that was a Saturday. The book was shipped via UPS and I was sort of annoyed thinking I wouldn't get it until Monday (of course I'd planned to spend the weekend reading it!), but it showed up on Saturday with my mail. I don't know if it's cheaper for the shipper or what. I was just happy to have my book on time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #17963
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,317

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    UPS here makes us sign for everything . They would never leave anything
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #17964
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,119

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I wish my package had been delivered to my post office, which is within 1-1.5 miles from my home. Unfortunately, when I entered the UPS tracking number into their automated system, I was told that while the number had been created, it had not been picked up....despite them giving me a date and approximate time of arrival. I have contacted the company that is supposed to be shipping it to me.

    I've had packages shipped to my post office before, after being delivered there by UPS, but the tracking info has always shown that this is what was happening. This whole situation is just ridiculous. It's like this package has disappeared into a black hole.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #17965
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,902

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't use Fed Ex. I have had such great service with UPS, and they are so helpful. So, probably you are right- good and bad in both
    We use both at the office. I noticed that for a while the stuff that we received via Fed Ex came in really bad condition. They have gotten better, but we haven't had problems with UPS that I know of. I guess it depends on the driver, etc.

    I do know I don't like stuff coming to my house UPS because of the no sign thing. I had them deliver a computer monitor and they just put it on the porch and ran. Good thing I was home.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  6. #17966
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Apropos of this discussion, there are 3 packages coming via UPS to my parents' house. There was a 4th but that one showed up today. The other 3 have been on several journeys between Jackson, MS & New Orleans. Now I know there was just a huge hurricane, but the Baton Rouge distribution center has been fully operational, so there's no reason the packages couldn't be delivered there, since the one made it through. And there seems little sense to keep putting packages back on trucks to go to the wrong place. UPS didn't have any answers and was rude to both my mom (the recipient of 2 of the packages) and my sister (the sender of the 3rd). It must depend on where you live for what service works best.

  7. #17967
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,174

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    We use both at the office. I noticed that for a while the stuff that we received via Fed Ex came in really bad condition. They have gotten better, but we haven't had problems with UPS that I know of. I guess it depends on the driver, etc.

    I do know I don't like stuff coming to my house UPS because of the no sign thing. I had them deliver a computer monitor and they just put it on the porch and ran. Good thing I was home.
    When I worked in retail purchasing, I had orders delivered by UPS where you could literally put your hand into the box without actually opening it - the boxes had such huge holes in them. Once, I was emptying a box to check damage on an order and, as I lifted the empty box to put it behind me, the entire thing unfolded. The only thing that was holding it together was the packing tape on the top flaps!

    I used to joke that many of our orders that came via UPS looked like they'd been dropped out of helicopters like aid for Kurdish refugees.

    I think that the speed at which the UPS folks have to load the trucks just doesn't allow them to do anything but throw the boxes around. If the box isn't really strong, then you're screwed!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  8. #17968
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Everything lately I have ordered online has been shipped UPS to the post office hub and then the post office brings it to my mailbox or if to large to my door.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  9. #17969
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,902

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think that the speed at which the UPS folks have to load the trucks just doesn't allow them to do anything but throw the boxes around. If the box isn't really strong, then you're screwed!
    Doesn't surprise me. More than once our UPS man has had to make two trips because some of our packages are buried behind other packages. You can tell it annoys him, but what can they do. I am just happy we mostly get paper from either so there usually isn't a problem when the boxes are messed up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  10. #17970
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,317

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    My son worked for Fed Ex and UPS. The way every single one of the places chuck( and I do mean chuck) the packages around, its amazing anything makes it through unbroken.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.