+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7212Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You're probably right, Ellen. I do go with FedEx now when the package is really valuable (like for my business), but it's not something I can afford for everything.

I used to work for a mail order company and we heard so many horror stories from customers about pretty much every carrier. We actually quit doing business with a few of them because we had so many problems. Honestly, it's a wonder anything arrives on time and intact!
    Yup. I use FedEx for my business, and cross my fingers for personal stuff.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    ...Not to change the subject, but maybe to, if you know a lineman, give him a big thanks. I got power back up yesterday and these guys are working their butts off in serious heat and humidity.

On and off for the past year, we've had SDG&E (San Diego Gas & Electric) crews in our neighborhood working on a project to put our overhead electric lines underground. As a result, there have been problems with traffic, parking, and noise while they've been tearing up the streets temporarily. I felt so bad whenever I saw neighbors giving them dirty looks or whatever. (But, given that we're coastal desert, these temporary inconveniences will help us in the long run with regard to brush fires.)
    So I've made it a point to say "hi" to them and thank them for their hard work. Really, they're very well organized, very nice and patient in redirecting traffic, and have been finishing sections of the jobs before the posted estimates. They haven't been on our street for several weeks, but they'll still have to come back to complete the connections and take down the overhead lines. When they do, I'm going to bake cookies for them. They work hard. They're doing us a service. They deserve thanks, not dirty looks for little traffic inconveniences.
    Hyper and Cootie like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Maybe it depends on where you are. My boss had FedEx make two wrong deliveries to her neighborhood in two weeks. The first one it said it was delivered to her house, no package. When she called they were quite rude and insisted it was there. The neighbor two houses down was nice enough to bring it to her. When she called to tell FedEx about it they were still rude.

The next week it was a delivery for her across the street neighbor that was left on her porch. She actually called and made them come pick it up from her house to deliver it to the right house. She could have walked it across of course but it became the principle of the thing.

I think there is good and bad service in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Maybe it depends on where you are. My boss had FedEx make two wrong deliveries to her neighborhood in two weeks. The first one it said it was delivered to her house, no package. When she called they were quite rude and insisted it was there. The neighbor two houses down was nice enough to bring it to her. When she called to tell FedEx about it they were still rude.

The next week it was a delivery for her across the street neighbor that was left on her porch. She actually called and made them come pick it up from her house to deliver it to the right house. She could have walked it across of course but it became the principle of the thing.

I think there is good and bad service in all of them.
    I don't use Fed Ex. I have had such great service with UPS, and they are so helpful. So, probably you are right- good and bad in both
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maybe the Canadian of UPS is better organized, but I'm always happiest when I find that my parcel is coming via them, and I love their on-line tracking. They are the only delivery service that I have never had a problem with.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

My grandma used to insist on sending packages by UPS and it annoyed me to no end because I work all day so of course I'm not home to sign for the package. I had to go clear across town to UPS to pick up my package, and their hours of operation aren't very good so that meant taking off from work to go there and stand in line for 45 minutes. I couldn't complain to my grandma since she was nice enough to send me packages but it built in me a deep hatred of UPS. I much prefer to use FedEx.

Those FedEx guys are a bunch of flirts! I sign for packages at my office and every one of them has been like that so maybe it's something they train them to do. Mind you, I'm not complaining! It's nice getting a little something extra for the deliveries I sign for.
    Ellen likes this.

FoRTer

^Okay, now your comment about the flirty guys has me thinking of Legally Blonde. Bend... and snap, pikachu, bend... and snap!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I never have to sign for UPS packages; they just leave them on our front porch and ring the bell. The only times I remember signing were when a computer was delivered and a flat screen TV.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I get the impression that it depends on how expensive your item is as to whether or not the shipping company wants a signature. I don't, generally, have to sign.

One of our UPS guys used to wear shorts, year round.....I mean even at less than 20 degrees. He said he goes to long pants when it's about 6 degrees. Strange bird! If I were still working, I'd have my packages delivered to my place of employment.

I find FedEx to be less manic than UPS. FedEx gives you time to get to the door, whereas UPS does a very quick knock, and sprints back to the truck.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-04-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I never have to sign for UPS packages; they just leave them on our front porch and ring the bell. The only times I remember signing were when a computer was delivered and a flat screen TV.
    As far as I know, UPS only requires signature for business packages now. With residential - unless the sender paid for signature confirmation - they can leave the package, if there's a safe place to leave it....and frankly, they'll leave it even if there isn't a safe place! I know my driver drops the package and runs. He's usually halfway down the lane by the time I open the front door.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread