+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6958Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My daughters do that to me with "Me and Jess" which I always automatically correct to "Jess and I" before they can continue. So then they start making obvious grammar errors just to yank my chain. But I've heard them use it correctly when they needed to impress, so I know they understand.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I never thought about doing this before but it would be funny when someone makes a grammatical error to correct them with something that's also wrong and insist you're right. So if they say "I seen a rainbow yesterday during the storm", tell them they meant "I sawn a rainbow during the storm". lol!
    Ellen and Debb70 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Or "I 'seent' a rainbow...."!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, so who knows something about UPS?? I was supposed to received a package last Friday between the hours of "approximately" 11 am-3 pm; signature required. I made sure I was at home and waiting, and the package never arrived. I got NO notice of a delivery problem....nothing. I even waited until my usual late afternoon delivery time....zilcho. 2 days later, I get an email saying that the package that I had MAILED had a bad address and that I should come pick it up. I DID NOT MAIL THE PACKAGE, YOU STOOOPID PEOPLE!!! I AM THE RECIPIENT!!! This same company that was sending the package successfully sent me something several weeks ago.

This would have to happen on a holiday weekend. I am totally disgusted.

I much prefer getting my packages through USPS (post office). Not only are they more reliable, but they deliver 6 days a week, compared to UPS's 5 day/week delivery....and I even live in a UPS "hub". FedEx is even better!!!

And I am waaay north of Hurricane Isaac's path.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry for your frustration, 'Shay. I always use the post office to mail packages, but I get quite a lot from UPS. They just leave it in my open mud room.
    Count your blessings!

I guess, technically, they are still within their "approximately" time frame, huh? I may as well laugh since there's nothing I can do about it.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-03-2012 at 07:43 PM.

I'm exactly the opposite, 'shay. I've had USPS lose/misplace THREE packages since April. They were all eventually found. One was delivered to someone down the street and the post office refused to believe it hadn't arrived because the carrier scanned it as "delivered." The neighbor brought it to me that night. Another package - the second of two packages I was expecting on one day - didn't show up and they had to search all over the place to find it. It finally arrived with no explanation. Another REALLY valuable box that I sent got lost for about 3 or 4 days. They finally brought it back to me - the mailing label had been torn off and all that was left (thank God) was my address. That was the only time I even got an apology and that's because the specific carrier is really nice.

In contrast, at least since I've lived in this house (nearly 4 years), I've never had a problem with UPS. When I have had issues with UPS, it's because of the driver. The regular driver at my last job was the biggest jerk. Always copping an attitude and complaining. With USPS, it's been their system and the driver.

I once, when I lived in a gated community, I had a UPS driver mark my package as "Recipient not available to sign for package" when I was home, because he was too lazy to get out of his truck and ring for someone to open the gate. He just pulled up to the gate and, when it didn't open automatically, he drove off. He did that two days in a row (someone saw him do it) until I called and raised hell.

A have a friend who worked for UPS packing the trucks and it's horrifying how little time they have to load those trucks. The overwork those people like crazy and I think there are fewer drivers now because of the economy. I think with both UPS and USPS, the cutbacks mean they just don't have the time to spend on customer service, and that sucks.

I wish Fed Ex was cheaper, because I'd send everything (and have everything sent to me) via Fed Ex. They're the best!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wish Fed Ex was cheaper, because I'd send everything (and have everything sent to me) via Fed Ex. They're the best!
    I wonder, though: if FedEx were cheaper, would it be as bad as UPS and USPS?
    Hmmm. You get what you pay for?
    Not that that's right. In my teeny-tiny business, my expenses have gone up, and I cannot realistically raise my prices at the same rate as my expenses and keep my clients. Nevertheless, I haven't let my quality go down. I've taken some financial hits, and I work longer hours. I *hope* my clients are happy that my ethics are not the same as those of UPS and USPS.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

You're probably right, Ellen. I do go with FedEx now when the package is really valuable (like for my business), but it's not something I can afford for everything.

I used to work for a mail order company and we heard so many horror stories from customers about pretty much every carrier. We actually quit doing business with a few of them because we had so many problems. Honestly, it's a wonder anything arrives on time and intact!
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

FedEx is the best. One perk of my job is that I can send packages FedEx from work at the corporate rate. Mind you, I pay for the shipping; I just get the discount. I always pick the slowest (read: cheapest) shipping method and without fail, the packages arrive days ahead of the predicted delivery date. And if they deliver to me and need a signature, the office is about 4 miles away and open until 7 so I can go after work. UPS, on the other hand, if the driver isn't the usual one, they get the streets confused and I'll get packages for the people one street over with the same numerical address and vice versa. Or worse yet, they'll "forget" to drop off the package and I have to go pick it up across the river...and I HATE driving over the Mississippi river bridge.

Not to change the subject, but maybe to, if you know a lineman, give him a big thanks. I got power back up yesterday and these guys are working their butts off in serious heat and humidity.

+ Reply to Thread