+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6790Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Friday's off for doctors around here are the norm. Frustrating.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I think my dad took Tuesdays off. That's the day we always went skiing. I remember one time he wrote a school excuse that I was with him visiting a family member who was going "rapidly downhill".
    Ellen, MiaT2, Critical and 2 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

My dad had a top secret job in the aerospace industry so I rarely visited his work. And if I did, I had to go through all kinds of security checks...Gut, your childhood sounds idyllic.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Got a big, old emboldened "Your labs are great!" with a huge smiley face from my doc today. Good for me!
    Ellen, Cootie, inthegarden and 2 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Maybe I am just grumpy lately but more and more I am getting annoyed at all the grammatical errors I see on Facebook. If I have to read "your welcome" one more time, I will scream! I'm sure I have inadvertently made an error or two while posting, but I try to take care and proof read what I am submitting. I guess you can retire from teaching but the teacher always remains.
    Lil Bit and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Maybe I am just grumpy lately but more and more I am getting annoyed at all the grammatical errors I see on Facebook. If I have to read "your welcome" one more time, I will scream! I'm sure I have inadvertently made an error or two while posting, but I try to take care and proof read what I am submitting. I guess you can retire from teaching but the teacher always remains.
    I am glad you cant see mine.

It's worse than on here
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am glad you cant see mine.

It's worse than on here
    I can't help it that I am so anal. My brother-in-law's mom is a retired English teacher. She used to send him back his letters from school ( this was years ago, in the 60's) with his grammatical errors circled in red ink. I admit I am not that bad but I did drive my boys crazy with their schoolwork.
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I can't help it that I am so anal. My brother-in-law's mom is a retired English teacher. She used to send him back his letters from school ( this was years ago, in the 60's) with his grammatical errors circled in red ink. I admit I am not that bad but I did drive my boys crazy with their schoolwork.
    I thank hank for spell check, and even then I miss things.

I think you have great posts. I always enjoy them.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still have issues with people not knowing the difference between "few/fewer" and "less"!! And there's the extra added problem of having to hear newscasters using them improperly, too!!! (AND, I know one should never start a so-called sentence with "And"!!! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It irritates me when people use loose for lose. I have never seen such horribly incorrect spelling in my life. My computer highlights misspelled words and I go back and correct them. I do misspell sometimes. it doesn't help with all this texting and twitter where they abbreviate or short spell everything.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread