+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Somewhere here there was a discussion going on about hospital horror stories just as I was leaving for a few days. I can't find it now, but I was going to add a recent story where a friend from my home town was missing for 3 days. Everyone was sending hysterical messages over facebook and e-mails asking if anyone had seen him since the band concert in the park. Turned out he had had a mild heart attack and at every point along the way at the hospital they assured him they would contact his sister, but they never did. 3 days in the hospital with nobody from his family contacted! Can you imagine?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Somewhere here there was a discussion going on about hospital horror stories just as I was leaving for a few days. I can't find it now, but I was going to add a recent story where a friend from my home town was missing for 3 days. Everyone was sending hysterical messages over facebook and e-mails asking if anyone had seen him since the band concert in the park. Turned out he had had a mild heart attack and at every point along the way at the hospital they assured him they would contact his sister, but they never did. 3 days in the hospital with nobody from his family contacted! Can you imagine?
    I can't believe no one called a family member. Did he not have a wallet or something on him? Incredible! And just FYI, the thread is a bit farther down on this page - Illnesses and Hospital Stays, or something like that.

Oh yes! He had ID and they had all the contact info for his next of kin (sister) and he was told at the emergency room and then again when he was moved to a recovery room that she would be contacted but she never was.
    Count your blessings!

If the hospital is a Kaiser Permanente (or any of its clones), yes I can imagine and downright believe.
    Really. My clients from France, whether they're at the bottom or top of the socioeconomic ladder, NEVER have to deal with the BS that we go through with Kaiser. And they pay less via taxes than we do for out-of-pocket premiums and copays. Nowhere near.
    I'd better stop here...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    About cars, I totally believe in Toyotas. I am now driving a Nissan. I know enough to have a clue about basic maintenance of the cars. When somebody is checking under my hood, I am usually right there with them learning what I can and asking questions. The guys that I worked with also imparted me with a lot of "what to watch out for" knowledge. Our maintenance department could also be extremely helpful in fixing things, and I knew that I could trust them. I can never keep it straight, in my head, about how to hook up jumper cables, though. I can talk you through a tire change, but I'd rather not do it.....dirty work. I do know a lot of women who seem to know a lot about cars....and women share their knowledge. I've found that if you come across like you know something about what's going on under your hood, people are less inclined to try to take advantage of you.

And I keep my automobile club membership up to date!!
    We have a 1993 Toyota Corrola that my sister bought new and her husband did all the maintenance on it and it still has the original motor and tranny and we traded her a car for it about 7 or 8years ago and it is still going with approx. a million miles on it. My sister changed the dash out on it and it had over 600,000 then and it has made many trips from here to Georgia and back and also has been driven to work and back everyday for for all these years. My hubs drives it every day to work and it is like the energizer bunny just keeps going. We have had to do very little work on and if you maintain them right they will keep running. Now my dodge van is another story it has massive front end problems and it is on the shop right now. No more dodges for me.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Managed to survive my doctor's appointment last Thursday. The worst thing I had was the blood draw, and I got a shingles vaccination. Will get my bloodwork report next week; my doc has the luxury of taking Fridays off. Never heard of a doc who takes Fridays off, but I guess it's good if you can swing it. No need for a revisit until February....an excellent sign, too.

My doc says that I am the second meanest woman she knows, and that SHE is the #1; we are both, admittedly, very opinionated. She says I am descended from Cruella DeVille!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I don't mean to laugh at your plight, prhoshay but I giggled. Cruella Deville.

You've never heard of a doctor taking Fridays off? I don't think I've heard of one who doesn't, especially in the summer.

There is one who really makes her own schedule. She doesn't work Tuesdays or Thursdays and has all 5 of her kids in the office on the days she is there. If they are misbehaving or having a bad day, she closes her office. Too bad patients, we're outta here!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

My dad was a rural family doctor who made house calls. We had to be able to take phone messages from a young age because people called him at home and unloaded their problems onto whichever of us four young kids answered the phone. One summer I filled in for his secretary on vacation and when she showed me how to take payment on bills, she said, "If it's a current bill, it's in this cabinet. If it's over a year old, it's in the closet across the hall. If it's over 2 years old, it's been thrown away." His consulting rooms all had pictures of us kids in them. We couldn't get away with anything - everyone knew who we were. One of his closets was a small pharmecy and he had a black doctor's bag of meds he took on house calls. I have it now. I keep sewing thread in it. We used to go on house calls with him out to old people on farms and climb trees, see the new baby lambs, and eat homemade baked goods. They LOVED when he brought us out with him. He used to pray with his patients.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gut, sounds like a dream!!! I would have loved it!! There's only so much excitement in map making for the government.

(OK, so the different types of pencils, pens, and pen tips were kind of cool, but that's about all.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My dad was a rural family doctor who made house calls. We had to be able to take phone messages from a young age because people called him at home and unloaded their problems onto whichever of us four young kids answered the phone. One summer I filled in for his secretary on vacation and when she showed me how to take payment on bills, she said, "If it's a current bill, it's in this cabinet. If it's over a year old, it's in the closet across the hall. If it's over 2 years old, it's been thrown away." His consulting rooms all had pictures of us kids in them. We couldn't get away with anything - everyone knew who we were. One of his closets was a small pharmecy and he had a black doctor's bag of meds he took on house calls. I have it now. I keep sewing thread in it. We used to go on house calls with him out to old people on farms and climb trees, see the new baby lambs, and eat homemade baked goods. They LOVED when he brought us out with him. He used to pray with his patients.
    I loved it when the doctor made house calls .A few in the UK still do( very few) mostly rural areas.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread