+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6264Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You'd think we'd eventually get the hint.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You'd think we'd eventually get the hint.
    Yes, I make the joke all the time that God is up there twacking me (you know with thumb and middle finger) on the side of the head saying "when are you going to get it??!!"

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yes, I make the joke all the time that God is up there twacking me (you know with thumb and middle finger) on the side of the head saying "when are you going to get it??!!"
    Mine is... If you don't stop and listen or learn what you are being taught, you will eventually run into a brick wall. That will get your attention.

I have trouble overthinking and over-analyzing. It works much better if I leave it alone and let it work out.
    I like both of those phrases "Leap and the net will appear" and "Letting go and letting God".
    KatesMom likes this.

Allow me to get something off my chest, if you will. Just found out that I've got a doctor's appointment on Thursday...regular visit. I'd Rather Eat Mildew Than Go To The Doctor!!!! I thought I had at least another month before I had to go to the halls of doom, but Noooooooo. I was sure I had written it down wrong. I called this morning, and they broke the bad news to me. The only good thing about it is that it will put me in close proximity to my favorite restaurant and I can pick up lunch.

That is all. Over and out. Thanks for listening/reading.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Allow me to get something off my chest, if you will. Just found out that I've got a doctor's appointment on Thursday...regular visit. I'd Rather Eat Mildew Than Go To The Doctor!!!! I thought I had at least another month before I had to go to the halls of doom, but Noooooooo. I was sure I had written it down wrong. I called this morning, and they broke the bad news to me. The only good thing about it is that it will put me in close proximity to my favorite restaurant and I can pick up lunch.

That is all. Over and out. Thanks for listening/reading.
    Is this for a regular check-up? Or a check-up after cancer treatment? Either way, I hear you--I hate going to the doctor too even when I know its for my own good!

I have white coat syndrome. Dentist , doctor- it doesn't matter . I hate going. I have panic attacks thinking about it. I have to go next month, and reading your post prhoshay, I am so not looking forward to it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Nothing as dramatic as "after cancer treatment", thank goodness. The worst they will probably do is draw blood, but you just never know until you are there. It just annoys me.

At least you didn't have to dread it for a month and now it will be over with. My dad was a doctor and I was a little bit sickly as a child, so I've never minded the doctor. I never went to anyone other than my dad (at home) until I was well into my 20s and living far away. Also, there's a fraternity of doctors in that, if you mention you father is/was a doctor, you get the kid glove treatment. Even my cancer appointments weren't bad unless I was getting painful tests, but my dad had even taught me how to deal with that... they hurt more if you're tense, so consciously relax.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I have to say that I am not scared....just "roll-my-eyes" annoyed. It's not that I have a doctor that I don't like; she's very good and we have an "understanding". She gets that when I say "no", I mean "No!", and we have a meeting of the mind on the "big things". I even have my very own, chosen, skilled lab tech, so the blood draw is no big deal; she understands that my blood is drawn from my hand....not my antecubital. Not everybody understands hand veins. She's not there, I come back another day. My doc even calls the lab to see if she is at work that day!

Over all, I guess I really have it very good. I just hate being poked, and prodded, and bugged. My standby phrase on doctor's day is "This is b.s., and I don't want to do it." And then I go on in and get it out of the way. I guess it's my inner-curmudgeon coming out.

After years of not going often I finally have a family physician. My last one quit to go wrok in an ER. Because I have not gone in a long while, my diabetes is out of whack and I need to start pulling up my big girl panties and hunker down and fight this crappy disease. Consider me to be a new masked crusader now. Hopefully my body will continue bouncing back!
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread