+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4485Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut, treasure it. There will come a time when you will miss the "lunacy" of it. Trust me....every little bit will become precious.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know - it's hard to remember she's 80 since she looks and acts more like 60, but sometimes in the moment, she can be more than annoying. But I hear you loud and clear, 'shay.
    Count your blessings!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

My Mom is 81 and also looks and gets around like she is in her 60's.
    Her polite, kind, never say anything about other people, filter is slipping too.

You'd better learn to laugh!! Laugh, or lose your mind!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can usually do that. I think this time her visit was just a little too long. We're good for 3 or 4 days, but this time she was here for a whole week. And to think that a couple of years ago I volunteered to give up everything and move in with her to care for her in her "old age", but things fell through on her end when she invented conditions at the last minute I couldn't live with (after I had sold my house and given everything away). I had totally put things in the hands of the Universe and it did turn out for the best. I'm out from under a huge house and mortgage and love my little cottage on the edge of the woods that I got for next to nothing during the foreclosure crisis.
    livin4reality likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I can usually do that. I think this time her visit was just a little too long. We're good for 3 or 4 days, but this time she was here for a whole week. And to think that a couple of years ago I volunteered to give up everything and move in with her to care for her in her "old age", but things fell through on her end when she invented conditions at the last minute I couldn't live with (after I had sold my house and given everything away). I had totally put things in the hands of the Universe and it did turn out for the best. I'm out from under a huge house and mortgage and love my little cottage on the edge of the woods that I got for next to nothing during the foreclosure crisis.
    I actually love these type of stories. Sometimes the hardest thing we have to do is let go of control and just trust in the universe. I have personally had a few of those moments. They are really painful at the time, but when you let go and trust and see what the universe brings to you, it is awesome to see how much better it is. In recovery it is basically called "letting go and letting God". And seriously, if I had hung onto control with how I wanted some things to work out, I would have totally short-changed myself with where I ultimately ended up! So thanks for sharing, Gut! I really love these kind of stories.

It is a simple concept, but sometimes hard to accomplish when it's most needed. For some reason I was really in the zone at that time. I was literally letting go of everything and trusting that things would end up right, and they did. I had a quote from my page-a-day Zen calendar taped prominently at my work station that said, "Leap and the net will appear".
    Cootie and KatesMom like this.
    Count your blessings!

Relax, let go, and enjoy. I never knew the "let go and let God" came from a recovery program. I keep it in my repertoire. Comes in awfully handy. When I was working, I came to understand that you save your sanity by meeting people where they are. There was one guy whom no one tolerated very well; I did fine once I realized that I just had to meet him where he was. No problems for me, while everybody else was tearing their hair out....but it does take practice to get this technique down.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I never knew the "let go and let God" came from a recovery program.
    I didn't either--it was my Catholic grade school motto.

Nerd that I am, I just tried to trace the origin on Google and found it is not an actual Bible quote and is used by both Christians and AA. I guess the origin doesn't matter, but the concept is a good one, whether your beliefs center on God or Universe or Higher Self or whatever. (All windows to the unknowable as far as I'm concerned.) I do know that in times when I'm able to surrender to the flow, I end up better off than I would have if I had tried to control things myself.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread