+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    ^Aww, too bad they couldn't give her a waterproof cast for summer.
    Speaking of wrist injuries, my daughter currently has a brace on hers because of a sprain; we were at the orthodontist for a phase-two consultation, looked back at her original pictures from a few years ago, and there she was with her arm in a sling and temporary cast on a broken wrist. Our doc commented on it (injured again), so he might have us on his "watch list" .
    She is a tough girl, but -- yes, I hate that helpless feeling of not being able to immediately make it better when they are hurt and scared.
    Years ago, we were building our barn and a 2x4 board flipped and hit me on the forehead, causing my eye to turn black. Unfortunately, my son had his back-to-school check-up the following week. I was listening to his Pediatrician go over his charts, when the Doc stopped and asked if everything was okay at home. I assured him it was but, every visit, he always asked me how I was. I'm glad that they are that attentive and wonder how many people/kids they have rescued by their concern. I hope your daughter heals quickly.

Fanny Mare I hope your granddaughter heals quickly too.
    coltnlasma likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so here's my latest contribution to keeping this thread active:

Went out on a limb and made a purchase from the GMA/GAA "Secret Steals and Deals" site about a week ago. Ordered some earrings that caught my jewelry-addicted eye, and got them yesterday. ADORABLE!!!! I was holding my breath! If I recall correctly, they were 50-60% off, and I got them for about $30, with s/h. I have 3 words for these earrings....FA-BU-LOUS!!!! I strutted around the house all evening in them!

I saw a purse on the show this morning. I won't tell what I paid, but it was at 75% off the regular price. It was my birthday present to me, since I had a lousy birthday this year. I also needed it (them?). It's been on the cover of O Magazine and Cameron Diaz carried it in some movie....I have no idea. I always have trouble finding purses that I want, so when I see one, I jump.

This Steals and Deals segement has really good deals on about 5-6 things each week, with ridiculous discounts. Last week was all about kitchen-type stuff. The trick of getting these deals is to be ready to order quickly, because there are limits and they run out fast.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I saw a purse on the show this morning. I won't tell what I paid, but it was at 75% off the regular price. It was my birthday present to me, since I had a lousy birthday this year. I also needed it (them?). It's been on the cover of O Magazine and Cameron Diaz carried it in some movie....I have no idea. I always have trouble finding purses that I want, so when I see one, I jump.
    OMG - so cute - I love it! It's more like 85% off and a great price! I signed up to get the deal later since they are out and they will email me when they have more inventory and they will provide me with a special code to purchase a bag at the Good Morning America offer price! So I can buy in 5-9 weeks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They send a 50% off coupon for your next order, when you buy, if you do buy again. I will admit that I would not buy that stupid purse for 50% off! When I rechecked the DVR, and saw that the purse was 85% off, I really got up and shook my booty!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ha! Nothing like a good bargain. My mom and I just visited my daughter in Provincetown and found a store with the most featherlight, large, silk scarves from India with a huge variety of prints and colors. Not at all expensive. We went crazy buying them and I'll probably have my daughter pick up a few more for Christmas presents.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just had one of those weird situations where I was thinking of a song all during lunch ("Purple Rain" by Prince), then when I got in my car to head back to work, after the current song ended the next song to play was "Purple Rain". What a strange coincidence!

All I can think of is either it was completely random or maybe this radio station has been playing "Purple Rain" a lot lately and although I didn't really notice it my subconcious picked up on it and knew it was about that time of day for the song to come on.

I have that happen quite a bit, though. Sometimes when I turn the radio on, it's not only playing the song I was thinking of, it's in the exact spot in the song I was thinking of. I wonder in cases like that if it's possible to pick up on radio transmissions enough to be able to tell what song is playing.

Why not? Dogs can hear things we can't. Heck, even TEENAGERS can hear things we can't if you remember the recent scientific report about high pitches.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Teenagers are like cats. They don't hear you no matter how loud you speak if it's something they don't want to hear. If you're trying not to let them hear something you don't want them to know, all of a sudden they have superhearing!

I'm bored to death, which you can probably tell from all the threads I've started. I haven't had much work today so I've been putting updated address labels on envelopes, listening to music, and cruising this forum reading old threads most of the day. Tonight I need to go to the grocery store and get some food. I should have gone this weekend but I didn't get to it.

I'm taking a day off from doing anything constructive. My mom was just here for a week, including a 3-day trip to Ptown to see my daughter. A whole week is a little much with her. Love her dearly, and she's doing great for having just turned 80, but she has to comment - loudly - about everyone who walks by. It gets embarassing.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread