+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6404Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Shay, I think pikachu is talking about vacationing in a camper. Many of the RV's have kitchen tables which pop down and turn into beds. Those campers sure use space efficiently!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Shay, I think pikachu is talking about vacationing in a camper. Many of the RV's have kitchen tables which pop down and turn into beds. Those campers sure use space efficiently!
    I am pretty sure she was. We have similar type camper/rv. Its neat just how many beds unfold and the grandchildren were amazed.LOL . When they were younger, we would say it was magic time.

My youngest broke her wrist last night I felt helpless. I hate to hear sobs
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yes, that is what I mean. There's a bedroom in the back of the RV/camper where my parents sleep. The kitchen table and the couch can be folded down and made into beds, and the area above the driver's head can be made into a bed for kids. I don't think it could hold an adult's weight. It's a pain making up the kitchen table but it gives me a longer bed. The couch is too short so I have to sleep with my legs pulled up and after I few nights of that, I get bad leg cramps.

The bad thing about sleeping on the kitchen table is I have to get up when my parents do so we can make it into a table again and they can have their coffee at the table. I move to the couch if I want to sleep a little longer.

I'd much rather stay in a hotel with a real bed but it's cheaper to bring the RV and stay in a state park. We might not be able to afford to go on vacation if we had to pay for a hotel during our stay. It cost less to spend a whole week at an RV park than it does to spend one night in a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am pretty sure she was. We have similar type camper/rv. Its neat just how many beds unfold and the grandchildren were amazed.LOL . When they were younger, we would say it was magic time.

My youngest broke her wrist last night I felt helpless. I hate to hear sobs
    Ouch, Fanny Mare. Sorry to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yes, that is what I mean. There's a bedroom in the back of the RV/camper where my parents sleep. The kitchen table and the couch can be folded down and made into beds, and the area above the driver's head can be made into a bed for kids. I don't think it could hold an adult's weight. It's a pain making up the kitchen table but it gives me a longer bed. The couch is too short so I have to sleep with my legs pulled up and after I few nights of that, I get bad leg cramps.

The bad thing about sleeping on the kitchen table is I have to get up when my parents do so we can make it into a table again and they can have their coffee at the table. I move to the couch if I want to sleep a little longer.

I'd much rather stay in a hotel with a real bed but it's cheaper to bring the RV and stay in a state park. We might not be able to afford to go on vacation if we had to pay for a hotel during our stay. It cost less to spend a whole week at an RV park than it does to spend one night in a hotel.
    I hear ya. My husband's family is big on camping reunions. They all gather at a campground every September and some tent it, others rent an RV for the weekend and my b.i.l. has a pop-up camper. My husband spent 7 years in the Army National Guard, so he is not a big fan of camping AT ALL. He said he spent enough time sleeping in tents, on the backs of deuce and a halfs, etc.... Fortunately, for us, the campground is close to our vacation home so we spend the days at the campground and go home to sleep. The good thing about a RV, though, is that at least there is a bathroom. Nothing worse than having to leave a tent when it's pitch black at night to walk through the woods to the restrooms.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ohhhh....it's all becoming so much clearer now! I knew people would straignten me out!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hear ya. My husband's family is big on camping reunions. They all gather at a campground every September and some tent it, others rent an RV for the weekend and my b.i.l. has a pop-up camper. My husband spent 7 years in the Army National Guard, so he is not a big fan of camping AT ALL. He said he spent enough time sleeping in tents, on the backs of deuce and a halfs, etc.... Fortunately, for us, the campground is close to our vacation home so we spend the days at the campground and go home to sleep. The good thing about a RV, though, is that at least there is a bathroom. Nothing worse than having to leave a tent when it's pitch black at night to walk through the woods to the restrooms.
    That's why we got one I refuse to use a smelly outhouse.I did that once -looked up and bat was hanging beside me. I screamed so loud I woke up half the campers.

Ouch, Fanny Mare. Sorry to hear that!
    Thanks ECM I am sure she will be fine, her little pale face really upset me
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, she has a good story to tell when she goes back to school! You know they love it when we give them extra spoiling at times like this! My son broke his in elementary school and didn't say anything until I was dressed and ready to leave for work, and he was dressed for school. We, both, had a nice day off, and I enjoyed spoiling him as much as I could.

And, actually, he didn't even tell me. I just happened to notice that he wasn't using his dominant hand, and it was just kind of hanging there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Now, she has a good story to tell when she goes back to school! You know they love it when we give them extra spoiling at times like this! My son broke his in elementary school and didn't say anything until I was dressed and ready to leave for work, and he was dressed for school. We, both, had a nice day off, and I enjoyed spoiling him as much as I could.

And, actually, he didn't even tell me. I just happened to notice that he wasn't using his dominant hand, and it was just kind of hanging there.
    It was my granddaughter shay, I put youngest( forgot granddaughter) at least the cast is a pretty color.She cant get it wet, and she loves the pool in this heat. Oh well
    -Andy Rooney-

^Aww, too bad they couldn't give her a waterproof cast for summer.
    Speaking of wrist injuries, my daughter currently has a brace on hers because of a sprain; we were at the orthodontist for a phase-two consultation, looked back at her original pictures from a few years ago, and there she was with her arm in a sling and temporary cast on a broken wrist. Our doc commented on it (injured again), so he might have us on his "watch list" .
    She is a tough girl, but -- yes, I hate that helpless feeling of not being able to immediately make it better when they are hurt and scared.
    remember to play

+ Reply to Thread