+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5771Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

phro - I don't know what phone she got but none of those on the tmobile website are that much with a "new" contract and many of the new fancy ones are free around big holidays (I only know this because I am strongly considering a switch to Tmobile and have been obsessively stalking their website). The only thing keeping me from virgin or Boost is that they use Sprint which in my area is awful. You might try Tmobile's prepaid/no contract phones. They had an okay selection with reasonable prices.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I got a Droid smartphone through AT&T - 2 year contract but I was already a customer (have been for over 12 years now I think) and only paid $50 for it - they say its a $200+ phone, an HTC Inspire that they don't sell anymore (1 year after buying it). Larger screen than the iphones. I love it but its acting up and out of warranty. I can upgrade in December or change to another phone and pay more for it and sign another 2 years starting today so that adds time to the contract. Not that I care. Or I can add a line for $9.99 and add another data package and change my # to the new "free" phone I can get with the new line and use this one as a paperweight I guess but I already pay $100+ for 2 lines (one a plain jane phone for $9.99 and one with all the bells and whistles) but we have over 850 minutes to share and I have unlimited texting and over 2gig of data.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These phones that come without a contract give you unlimited messaging, unlimited internet/data package all, as I understand for that $45 (or whatever) monthly fee.

Mia, my sister just got her phone maybe, in the last 2 months. She went into the store to buy hers.

I am currently with Verizon and have a Blackberry. Blackberry, as I understand, is going out of the personal phone business soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a quick question specific to day, July 1, for anyone who doesn't live in Canada. Our Google heading today is a beaver and a Canadian flag - is that showing worldwide, throughout North America or only in Canada? I've always been curious about what Google shows various areas.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I have a quick question specific to day, July 1, for anyone who doesn't live in Canada. Our Google heading today is a beaver and a Canadian flag - is that showing worldwide, throughout North America or only in Canada? I've always been curious about what Google shows various areas.
    I'm in the USA, Iowa to be specific, and the usual Google logo comes up when I log in.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian FORT members!

I checked on Google U.S. also and we have the regular logo. It got me curious so I googled Canada Day Google Doodle 2012 and this is what showed up. Very cute!
    Baby's Breath likes this.

ECM for the info, guys, and thanks for the well wishes, Ecm.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It's nice to see this thread getting some action! You all have reminded me that it is time to change my calendar and that makes me sad. I wanted June to last a little longer! The summer flies by so quickly every year.

It is very cool here in the Northwest this summer so I feel very fortunate. I realize that so many of you have been roasting in your respective areas of the country. We have only needed to water our garden a few times and everything is so green.

Thought I'd jump in and say hi! I am currently not the best company and getting stressed about full time school for me with no full time teaching job to go along with it. I am hoping everything will work out in the next few weeks before everything starts again.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Thank you ECM it is was a great day, the fireworks were spectacular~
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread