+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Welp, after freaking me the hell out, I finally got a call--on my cell no less, after a clarification message was left at 8 a.m.--at 4:30 that my first test came back okay. I REALLY wish they'd delete the land line out of the file. Single woman, insurance through the employer so why would I be home at 3:30 pm? Ugh...it's so frustrating. Like the time my mother was in a car accident and saw the ER doc on her broken ribs. They wondered why she had a breast implant in the middle of her chest on the x-ray. It was her hiatal hernia.
    just1paul and Critical like this.

Good to hear your test is good news! Are you waiting for more results?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

PhoneGrrrl, it's always important to keep in mind that not ALL doctors are created equal. Even the man/woman who graduated last in their class is called "Doctor". Scary, isn't it?

For me, I've always believed that it's the docs who set the tone for how things are done in their offices, and are ultimately responsible for what goes on. Demand Better....and be heard!

(And not all women/people work those "bankers hours" that you work, you know! I've worked at many hours that "normal people" are sleeping, and on weekends and holidays, too!) If you are waiting on an important call that may come when you are at work, consider forwarding your home phone calls to your cell phone until somebody has put your nerves at ease.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Blow-2-3-4-5-blow-2-3-4-5...
    Attempting to revive Kaffee Klatsch...
    Hi, guys! I don't have much interesting to report. Been working like crazy, but vaycay (if you can use that term for traveling to visit family) is coming up soon. We're flying there (Milwaukee) and returning by train on the Southwest Chief in a little roomette sleeper. Change of pace will be bueno.
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I would love to hear about your train trip-it's a pleasure that I hope to partake in. The thought of being able to sightsee while not driving.....sigh!

We are taking a day trip in August via the Mega Bus from Austin to San Antonio (1-1/2 hr drive) for $1 each way. Can't wait. Usually bus trips are much more expensive. We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to my "staycation" coming up next week starting with 4th of July. Happens every year since my bday is the 9th, I try and take a week off starting with the holiday to save a vacation day. This time I will be going over a week since my dad needs me to goo with him to a neurosurgeon for a consultation. Fun stuff. Hope every one is doing well!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't have a cell phone but I have the problem of business places calling my home phone when I'm at work, even when I tell them to call my work number. I have this problem with the doctor's house, car repair places, plumbers, etc. They require you to use your home phone number as the main number on your account and won't make a note to call back at your work phone number. I get so angry when I'm waiting for a call that my car repairs are done or when the plumber is heading to my house and I either get the message after getting home, when it's too late to do anything about it, or I have to call the place during the day to find out if they've tried to contact me. Why is it so dang hard for them to make a notation to whoever makes callbacks to use my office number?????

OK, pikachu, ol' buddy, ol' pal...here's my method. I DO have a cell phone (more about that later!), but you can forward your calls to your home phone to your work office number. The directions on forwarding your calls should be somewhere in front pages of your telephone book, where the codes are listed for things like calling back the last number that dialed your number (*69), this also works for your cell phones (I think it's something like *72, and then enter the number to which you want your calls forwarded; I think *73 is what turns it off). I'm not sure about these codes since I have turned it on and left it on. The people who are dialing don't hear anything different than they would when the call your number. It is a wonderful feature, and keeps frustration down. It's easier than giving multiple numbers to your different businesses from whom you are waiting to hear. PM me if you need anymore info.

OK, fellow cell phone users....I am looking to change my cell phone provider to one who doesn't require a 2-year contract, and has better rates. I am currently paying about $90/month with a 2-year obligation....waaaay too much....and I've learned that I can go to Walmart or Sam's and get a much better deal. Can anyone help guide me on this issue? Clark Howard has suggested that I can get a deal at $45/month with no contract....I can hardly walk into WallyWorld without having an anxiety attack, and bouncing straight back out the door. I really want an iphone, but I don't want the chains that come with it. By any means, I do want a smartphone. Help a sister out!!! :help
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

phroshay - Your question is very timely as I have been very recently researching prepaid/no contract plans. What I have found, across almost all the carriers and especially for smartphones, is that you are going to be paying what is called an "unsubsidized" price for your phone alone. So while you will have no contract and lower monthly payment, you will be paying more upfront for the phone itself.
    So expect some sticker shock when seeing the phone prices - they will be pretty high. Also make sure you find out whose network the no-contract carriers use. Boost and Virgin use Sprint's network. So if Sprint is lousy in your area, you'd probably want to avoid those carriers also.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I am mentally prepared for the sticker shock....in fact, I just took a deep breath as I typed! My "genius", older sister just got a Droid smartphone through T-mobile, and she paid $400 for it, with a 2-year contract!!! And she got one with the small screen, because the large screen cost $200 more....and she complains that she can't see the screen, so she is limited in what she's doing with the phone!!! AND she got the insurance!!!! Now, to me, that just sounded stupid all of the way around.

She used to tell me I was adopted when I was small. I'm starting to think that story was flipped around, because I don't know where she got the "stupid gene"! Who knows....maybe I am the fool.

+ Reply to Thread