+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Interesting questions. No, I don't own a gun. Fortunately, I am good at knowing my back/side roads and frequently use them on a regular basis. I've never been without a landline and know the value of those! Sure costs a lot to have a cell phone and a landline, though. I've always thought about dumping the landline, but just never thought that was in my best interest. In my neighborhood, we tend to sit outside in clusters and socialize when the power goes out, so I've learned. Seed? Foraging book? Uh...no. Things to think about.

I even make sure that the gurls have extra food and litter on hand when I get down to just one bag.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Like I said, we had it up next as a topic of discussion, so I was web hopping different survivalist sites. Freaked me out a little to be honest. Made me realize I am NOT even close to prepared if there were a prolonged outage for any reason. It also brought up questions about what would I do if it came down to roving bands of armed looters? Would I want to be around for a truly survivalist long-term lifestyle? When I get to that point, I just stop thinking about it.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After thinking about what you've found, I'm convinced that you've stumbled across some whacko, nut case sites that are designed to promote fear and paranoia. A few good points does not sanity make, if you get what I'm saying.
    MRD likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Like I said, we had it up next as a topic of discussion, so I was web hopping different survivalist sites. Freaked me out a little to be honest. Made me realize I am NOT even close to prepared if there were a prolonged outage for any reason. It also brought up questions about what would I do if it came down to roving bands of armed looters? Would I want to be around for a truly survivalist long-term lifestyle? When I get to that point, I just stop thinking about it.
    Gutmutter, didn't you read "Life As We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer? I know that after reading that book, I will never be the same. Every household was on it's own after the world(or should I say the moon) went awry. How protective people got with the food that they had. Scary.

Yes, and I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy, as well. I've read maybe 4 or 5 survivalist type novels that scared the bejeesus out of me. That's why if I really wanted to plan for that, I'd have to consider an easy "out"... sleeping pills or something.
    Count your blessings!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Happy Pie Day!

The Pi Song - YouTube

It's 3/14 once again.

"Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The real reason our students don't do well on standardized tests:
    (True story) Yesterday I was telling a class about my Little Sister - how we've been matched through Big Brothers/Big Sisters since she was 8 and now she's in high school... that we read the Hunger Games together. One of the students said she was going to the midnight show of the movie that night and was I going then? I responded that I was going with my Little Sister at the 3:00 show after school the next day, and one of the boys looked up in mild alarm and said, "You have a 3-year-old daughter?".
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The real reason our students don't do well on standardized tests:
    (True story) Yesterday I was telling a class about my Little Sister - how we've been matched through Big Brothers/Big Sisters since she was 8 and now she's in high school... that we read the Hunger Games together. One of the students said she was going to the midnight show of the movie that night and was I going then? I responded that I was going with my Little Sister at the 3:00 show after school the next day, and one of the boys looked up in mild alarm and said, "You have a 3-year-old daughter?".
    Y'know, with my own tutees (who actually score pretty well), I wonder how much better they'd score if they actually paid attention to directions and details.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

They would fair well Ellen. the 9 year old I am helping raise does real well when he listens but makes less than stellar grades when he doesn't.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    They would fair well Ellen. the 9 year old I am helping raise does real well when he listens but makes less than stellar grades when he doesn't.
    Here and there, I'll devote a lesson time to following directions spoken and written. We have fun with it, and it works. For awhile. Maybe some day it'll take...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread