+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6764Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Guess you know, now, why you were not acknowledged.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Looked for "annoying things" or "pet peeves" thread and saw that it had been merged into this thread years ago. Okay, then...

This just happened five minutes ago. Am at work. Am in a bit of a rush to get something done so that patient care won't be disrupted. I wait for the elevator, and when it arrives, out steps a father and four small children. They exit without a word, and the father doesn't turn or acknowledge me. Whatever. I walk in, and--here it comes--find that every button for the other floors has been pushed. Since they're not stopping on those floors, I can only assume that dear ol' dad let the kids push the buttons for funsies.

Guess what, dad? This is a hospital, not a playground. Some of us may be doing work to try and save others' lives, and your inability to discipline your kids slows down my work. I had to find another elevator, delaying my response by five minutes. So, please, if you can't leave your children at home with someone when visiting the hospital, then keep your little animals under control.
    I HATE people like that!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Is anyone concerned over the solar storms/flares? Does anyone keep a stock of emergency supplies and food? Just curious.
    Count your blessings!

Nah, not worried. But we did use it as an excuse for every dumb thing we did at work today.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Is anyone concerned over the solar storms/flares? Does anyone keep a stock of emergency supplies and food? Just curious.
    1) Nope.
    2) Yep. But for possible wildfires and earthquakes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm usually pretty good about keeping my cool, but when I woke up this morning, and that was the first headline I saw on Google News, I thought, "OMG. We are all going to freakin' [didn't say "freakin'"] DIE." Maybe it's just because I've seen too many doomsday scenario movies.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

My husband does emergency preparedness so we have 3 days of water for each family member, flashlights, first aid and canned goods in an area of the basement. I also have way too much food in the deep freezer so we'll be eating tartar and sushi :p
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Hmm, solar flares? I missed it. But we are getting a lot of rain here today. Temps dropped 20 degrees in 30 min or so. Chilly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do not live my life in paranoia mode, but my home is pretty well stocked and I keep a super supply of multiple sizes of batteries on hand. I've also have a battery-powered weather radio which has come in handy, especially when really ugly weather comes in at night. This water-lover keeps plenty of water on hand, but only in my freezer. Should I do more? Maybe. Will I? Not highly likely.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I live (central MA), we've had two winter storms with extended power outages in the past few years. I've learned what is not available when there is no power (gas pumps, businesses, any phone that's not a land line plugged directly into the service (in other words you need at least one that's not remote or cell). I belong to a discussion group. This month's topic just happened to be survival readiness and then the solar flares happened, so I was already thinking about it. I've beefed up my larder and have a list of things I should probably have on hand to start buying gradually. But if it was something more long range... do you own a gun against looters? Would you use it? Do you have seed stored or a foraging book? A collection of maps that could get you out of your area if all the main roads were blocked with traffic? These are questions "prepper" sites talk about.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread