+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4432Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just saw the stuff on here about Pinterest. Sorry I have been so absent on FORT lately, my life has been kind of hectic. If anyone wants to be followed or follow me on that site, let me know by PM. I swear it is like having a subscription to every type of magazine there is, being able to clip out the articles you want to keep, without actually paying for the magazine, clipping the articles, saving the articles and then FINDING the stuff you clipped when you are ready to use it.

We have been eating from recipes I got there almost exclusively for the past 3 weeks. Especially all the healthy salad ones. And have yet to get a bad recipe. I now have tons of craft ideas and it has actually encouraged me to get off my butt and start crafting, scrapbooking, rubber stamping and sewing again. I haven't touched my sewing machine in over years until recently. I find I am actually spending less time online and more time actually doing something constructive.

It's a great site full of great ideas. And a LOT of funny "signs and sayings".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    Wow, it sounds like they are definitely making it about them and how everyone on Facebook needs to rush to their comment sides with condolences on their huge loss rather than living offline with real people and feelings and relishing the memories and good times and lessons from such a long life! Disclaimer: Maybe it is my own disenchantment with my own recent Facebookers using it for attention/comment hoarding rather than connection showing through!

I am sorry for your loss, but smiling that you had so long and so many memories made.
    I agree with this. I find FB is all "look at me, look at me" RIP on there is one of my pet peeves. Maybe because I am older or maybe because I don't quite understand the new generation of twittering every thought you have but I really can't stand the death notices that pop up almost instantly. If you are in mourning then maybe you should show some respect by not logging into Words with Friends for a few minutes?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I'm so sorry to read about your loss MRD.
    -----------

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
    Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
    Where the friends of man and woman do run,
    When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
    Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
    On this golden land, they wait and they play,
    Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
    For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
    Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
    Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
    Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
    All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
    Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
    Together again, both person and pet.
    So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
    The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
    Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
    They embrace with a love that will last forever,
    And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

So Sorry for your loss MRD.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Sorry to hear about Rosie.
    Count your blessings!

So sorry to hear about Rosie as well. Glad that you are still on here though. Even if it is few, still it is glad that you are on here.
    Easter Bunnies!

MRD

Thank you all so much. It is still very difficult to realize that she is not here.

As for the facebook death notices: I happened to be friends with someone that I had known all my life. We never were great friends, but when you grow up in a small town and are the same age, you know each other. Well, her aunt committed suicide and she posted it on facebook before the entire family had been told. One of the sisters was in a meeting and the family member that saw it on facebook called and got her secretary to break into the meeting and pull her out and tell her before someone texted her because they saw it on facebook. A family member was driving to the office to tell her in person rather than by phone and they couldnt' even do that because of the idiot that posted it. Then, while this woman went to her sister's home that same day, her house was broken into and robbed. So putting that kind of stuff on facebook is not only in poor taste, but also dangerous. I guess the thieves knew that eventually the family would all be gathering and they had the opportunity to steal and they read it on facebook.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by MRD View Post
    Some of you may have noticed (and then again, some may not have) that my user name has been changed. So many people on Fort referred to me as MRD that when my very own Rosie dog died yesterday, I asked that my user name be changed to MRD as I just didn't think I could stand being known as Myrosiedog anymore. We had both her and the computer for 15 years and my first ever user name was Myrosiedog and I just kept it. I guess it wasn't a great choice knowing that one day, we would lose Rosie, I just wasn't thinking ahead.

Thanks Phonegirrrrrl for changing it for me. I hope I am not confusing anyone with the change.
    I am so sorry, MRD.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

3-4 inches of snow yesterday......70 degrees today.

I'd love to see Mother Nature get back on her mood stabilizers.
    MiaT2, Gutmutter, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Looked for "annoying things" or "pet peeves" thread and saw that it had been merged into this thread years ago. Okay, then...

This just happened five minutes ago. Am at work. Am in a bit of a rush to get something done so that patient care won't be disrupted. I wait for the elevator, and when it arrives, out steps a father and four small children. They exit without a word, and the father doesn't turn or acknowledge me. Whatever. I walk in, and--here it comes--find that every button for the other floors has been pushed. Since they're not stopping on those floors, I can only assume that dear ol' dad let the kids push the buttons for funsies.

Guess what, dad? This is a hospital, not a playground. Some of us may be doing work to try and save others' lives, and your inability to discipline your kids slows down my work. I had to find another elevator, delaying my response by five minutes. So, please, if you can't leave your children at home with someone when visiting the hospital, then keep your little animals under control.
    Ellen and Jamie5632 like this.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread