+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7132Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

OK, so I understand it and I LOVE IT!!! You make PERFECT sense. Death is not always tragic. It is a reality and, sometimes, to be celebrated for a life well lived. My grandfather died at 105, and I was able to laugh at his funeral. It was a celebration...not a mournful time. Remember your person and honor him with your big smile. I'm sure he's watching!
    MRD likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think you make sense too SugarMama! Would it be frowned upon if you posted something on FB about what an amazing person he was and what a wonderful life he lived? Maybe if you made a post celebrating his life rather than lamenting his death, your other family members would follow suit??

I have. And the comments that follow are just the same moans, wails, etc. I'll be glad when this is over

Thanks Koffee Klatch for saving my mental state last night by allowing me to rant
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

It could be that they are all crying and moaning because he will no longer be around to "Cheer" them up.
    He sounds as though he was a joy to be around and knew how to "live". What a great legacy to leave your family and they would do well to follow his lead.
    You are well justified in your rant SugarMama.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    It could be that they are all crying and moaning because he will no longer be around to "Cheer" them up.
    He sounds as though he was a joy to be around and knew how to "live". What a great legacy to leave your family and they would do well to follow his lead.
    You are well justified in your rant SugarMama.
    I hadn't thought of it in that way, but you're absolutely right!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I wish my mama would have made it to 95 in the same condition as him. What a joy to be able to live like that and leave a great legacy. Some people just like to whine cry and moan.
    MRD likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Wow, it sounds like they are definitely making it about them and how everyone on Facebook needs to rush to their comment sides with condolences on their huge loss rather than living offline with real people and feelings and relishing the memories and good times and lessons from such a long life! Disclaimer: Maybe it is my own disenchantment with my own recent Facebookers using it for attention/comment hoarding rather than connection showing through!

I am sorry for your loss, but smiling that you had so long and so many memories made.
    MRD likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone have any experiences with borderline personality disorder behaviors? I would be interested in hearing what your experiences have been. Please share. I need to know from "regular, everyday folks".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Jaimie did you nail some facebook users on the head. They post in order to have all their friends rush to comment to get "attention".
    After seeing this several times, it just amazes me. These are the same ones I refer to as "vaguebookers" as in: "This is the worst day of my life" and then everyone rushes in to beg them to tell them what happened. Not me, if you wish to share, then share, I am not going to beg you to tell me.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Some of you may have noticed (and then again, some may not have) that my user name has been changed. So many people on Fort referred to me as MRD that when my very own Rosie dog died yesterday, I asked that my user name be changed to MRD as I just didn't think I could stand being known as Myrosiedog anymore. We had both her and the computer for 15 years and my first ever user name was Myrosiedog and I just kept it. I guess it wasn't a great choice knowing that one day, we would lose Rosie, I just wasn't thinking ahead.

Thanks Phonegirrrrrl for changing it for me. I hope I am not confusing anyone with the change.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread