+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6172Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I guess it's true; no good deed goes unpunished. Feel better Shay
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bunny, you made me laugh out loud! Thank you, my dear!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, FoRT friends, like I have in the past, I come to you with an issue that a friends has put to me. I always get interesting things to consider when I do this with you. She knows that I am asking you guys for input. My friend has an old male friend that she has reconnected with, but he lives across the country. She just got a note from him telling her that he divorced 2 years ago, but he is just now telling her. Anybody care to offer a guess as to why he is just telling her? She can't figure it out, and I'm not doing much better. They have been in regular touch since that time, too! Help us!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't resist the "Help Me" smiley so I'm going to jump in here. Do you think he cheated on his ex-wife and has been with the other woman for the past two years... maybe he got the boot over the holidays so he has some 'splainin' to do in order to reel your friend in?

I have a very good friend, male, who is at my house weekly and didn't tell us until several months had gone by that he and his wife had split up. The only reason is that he was not, and still isn't, happy about the situation and was reticent to talk about it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Big red flags! Were it me, I'd cut him off and move on.
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Red Flags for sure! He is either fudging on the two years or has just ended some other relationship and is looking further afield for fresh conquest! Your friend needs more details.

Did she ask him why he hadn't mentioned it?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Did she ask him why he hadn't mentioned it?
    A great place to start if not doing the cut-and-run...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

She has just asked him why he didn't tell her, so she doesn't have that answer just yet. I think all of your observations are interesting and worth exploring. I'm just hoping that she is very wary of what he has said, and doesn't just "jump goofy" and do something stupid. It is just bizarre. Living all of the way across the country, he can tell her anything! I'll update you on what I learn.

+ Reply to Thread