+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7185Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut, so glad you were able to see your children for Christmas! Focus on the positive, like you always do!!! How about him renting a car? That leaves you with a vehicle for the "just in case"! Have fun w/your party!!

I called this morning to ask about whens and wheres and he decided on his own that renting a car would be easier. He's making enough money to do stuff like that now, but I still offered to pay part of the rental. Very much aware of how lucky I am to have the kids back, famita. Right now I'm comparing versions of Ave Maria on youtube.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember when my son refused any financial help from me with a car rental. It was hard, but I let him do his "man thing". There, does indeed, come a point in time when (if we're lucky) they will make the break for adulthood, despite what we try to do. We've just got to have the spine to let them do it.

My grandmother taught us that you get what you require....in all relationships. Require nothing, and that just may be exactly what you get. Let them know that you have requirements, and they usually comply. My grandmother was a rock who loved us all to pieces, and stood her ground! When she said it, you'd rather DIE than not fall into step and disappoint her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I kind of feel like I've done my part and now I can sit back and let them come to me, make their own decisions, and learn from their mistakes. At one point when my daughter's friend was here and there was total chaos in the kitchen, but I just had my groove on and let it happen, she verbalized how cool it was that I was ok with all the dirty dishes in the sink and mess in general. She said her mom would have been freaking out. So maybe that was the whole point of what happened. Maybe she learned something about other ways to be. I don't know. I think we don't always know what others are learning from us.
    Cootie and Poppy Fields like this.
    Count your blessings!

Merry christmas everyone!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, you definitely handled this situation in a way that caused you the least stress. You always seem so kind and considerate here on FORT so I'd hate to see you inconvienced or stressed out.
    I agree so much with Poppy....sometimes it takes awhile for our kids to stop thinking that our house is still their house. And that we are always at their disposal and ready to drop everything for them. As they grow and mature, they really do start realizing that we now have our own life and plans and they need to consider that before they make their plans. My daughter certainly has made that change and having her own child now, even made more of difference in her consideration towards me and her dad. So hold on, they'll come around.

I was mostly coming here to vent. I'm glad my daughter came and felt comfortable bringing a friend even if it wasn't my preference. It was her first Christmas not being here Christmas eve and day and she called several times missing being here with her brother, sister, and me as we opened our one Christmas eve present and then stockings and presents in the morning.
    Count your blessings!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    As they grow and mature, they really do start realizing that we now have our own life and plans and they need to consider that before they make their plans. My daughter certainly has made that change and having her own child now, even made more of difference in her consideration towards me and her dad. So hold on, they'll come around.
    I do agree with this. Your children will not fully understand things until they have their own children. When I start kvetching about this, that or the other thing about my child~~I FINALLY understand what my mother has been saying all these years. Seeing the all-knowing smile on her face always makes me appreciate my mom all the more.
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Worked Angel Tree duty before Christmas, and somebody "volunteered" to me an allergy/cold that kicked my butt!!! I am convinced that it was a combination of both, since my allergy meds worked, at first....and then stopped! The worst part is over, but I'm still coughing and hacking, and my sinuses are working hard to keep my attention. Good ol' Nora-the-neti-pot and I have renewed our close friendship. What a drag!!

Thanks, Angel Tree! See you next year!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bless you for volunteering. Sorry you got sick from it. Rest, plenty of liquids, vitamin C.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread