+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Glad somebody came by to rescue you, shay! I never actually got into the wrong car but one time in the supermarket parking lot I pointed the key lock towards the back of my Trailblazer and opened up the hatch. As I started loading groceries into the back I noticed somebody sitting in my driver's seat. Oops! Not my car!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I got in the wrong car once at work. I have a silver Impala so when I went to lunch, I got in to drive home. Right away, I noticed something was off but couldn't place it. I thought it smelled kind of smoky in the car and I'm a non-smoker. Then I noticed that satellite radio seemed to be in the wrong place. I thought maybe someone had tried to steal it, got interrupted, and left it on the dashboard instead of on the floorboard where it should be. Then I noticed a sweatshirt draped over the passenger seat that was not mine and knew for sure I was in the wrong car.

I got out and noticed my car was two spaces down from this car.

It's ironic the number of things I had in common with the driver of the other silver Impala. We both had a satellite radio, we both had a sweatshirt in the passenger seat, and we parked in the same section of the parking lot at work,

I'm guessing this other person left their car door unlocked and that's how I was able to get in. When I hit the remote key entry, I thought I was unlocking the door to my car. If the car had been locked, my remote wouldn't have worked and I would have known sooner it wasn't my car.

Sounds like what happened to us a few years ago. We parked our car, went in and came back out. Opened the passenger door to get in and wondered who put that blanket in our car. Looked a little more and discovered it wasn't our car at all. It was the same make, model and color of our car. Our car was two down from there and in between was a big SUV, so we didn't even see our car. But it was weird because they didn't have their car locked. We noticed right away but it was disconcerting to have tried to get in that car.

My mom was at church several months ago and when we went out two college age guys were discussing her car. I realized right away what they were saying, but she freaked out for a minute. I think she thought something was wrong, flat tire or something. Then they showed her that one of their cars was the exact make, model and color of her car, including a sun roof and it was sitting right beside of my mother's car. We all talked about what good cars they were. Both of those guys had the same brand, one of the guy's mother had the same, I do, and my mom did as well. We all had a good conversation about what a great car. I wonder though later on if was weird to that college guy that he had the same car my 66 silver haired mom does!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Many years ago, I did have the experience of unlocking a car door with MY car key, and getting in before I realized that I was in the wrong car. I think it started to dawn on me when my key would not start the car, and I started looking around at what was in the car. That was in a huge mall parking lot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In older cars - like muscle cars and stuff - the keys do work in cars that are similar. Mike used to work for Pep Boys and got into the make and model of a car needing new tires. When lo and behold the owner tells him why are you taking the tires off for an oil change. There were 2 cars exactly the same and the keys worked in both.

He also did the same thing in moving a friends car from one parking lot to the other. The friend comes out and says where's my car. They had to drive it back to the original spot to get the right car!

My husband drives a beige Camry. I don't even bother looking at the car, I look at the license plate. There are way too many beige cars, many of which are Camry's, many of which look like Camry's.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The car I owned, when I entered the wrong car with my key was my dark red '84 Camry....my BABY!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My husband drives a beige Camry. I don't even bother looking at the car, I look at the license plate. There are way too many beige cars, many of which are Camry's, many of which look like Camry's.
    You know what happens when you post with a migraine? You add too many apostrophes. D'oh!
    Ellen likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

One time when I was still in school, a friend of mine (technically her Mom lol) was picking me up for our first highschool dance and when a car pulled up out front I hoped right in and shut door. It took me a min to realize that we weren't pulling away and they were just staring at me ....wrong car, I was SO embarrased! I had never been picked up by them before and I lived on pretty much on the last street in town so not many cars go by and for them to stop right in front of my house I just assumed it was them. Haha I ALWAYS look first now!!

I'm a little miffed and disappointed. My older daughter is coming home today for less than 24 hours for her "Christmas" visit. She won't intersect with her brother's visit. He moved across the country last May and this will be his first time home (although they were together in Ohio at Thanksgiving and had a big blowout, so maybe that's for the best.) But I was happy to make do and have all her presents wrapped and stocking stuffers ready. I'm taking tomorrow off work. Well we called her last night to see when she thought she'd be arriving and she's bringing two high school friends with her! She flies into Boston and usually takes the train to nearby where I pick her up, but one of the friends' family still lives in the area and they're all driving here together. Not sure why they're planning to sleep here. I have no room for them and one of them is sooooooooooo annoying - every conversation has to be squarely focused on her. The other girl is as sweet as they come but the dog has always hated her. It was a long-running joke when they were in high school, but he will be miserable. They plan to blow up a queen-sized air mattress my daughter left in my attic... but that will take up every inch of available space in my very small living room where the tree and presents are and they will have all their 'stuff" around. My fridge isn't stocked for that many people. Wednesday I'm having my team of teachers here from school for a Christmas party.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread