+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5904Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!
    Count your blessings!

May your turkey be moist, your gravy savory, and your loved ones chill.

Harmony (the dog) got me up at the crack of 5AM. it is going to be a looonnngg day..
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Happy Thanksgiving!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

We had ours It was great
    I am wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm heading out in about an hour to family living about an hour from here. Of course, with the madness and congestion that is New York City, I am lucky if I get there in 2 hours. That's the only thing I hate about spending time with extended family on the holidays. Wishing those who celebrate a lovely Thanksgiving!

May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey be plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have never a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off your thighs!
    Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I put my nose to the grindstone around noon to finish the work for a grad class I'm taking and now it's all done. What a great feeling! The veggie soup I made in the crockpot turned out great - I'm on my third bowl and feeling Thanksgiving stuffed, but without the guilt. I just talked with the family in Ohio and now I'm going to indulge in reading a good book for the rest of the day. Life is good.
    Cootie and Poppy Fields like this.
    Count your blessings!

Since this is the time of year that many of us go out of our way to give to others in need and I know that they are grateful but I am asking that those of you who can afford it to please remember the animals too.....if you are able please buy an extra bag of dog and /or cat food and litter and give it to a local non kill animal shelter or rescue group....so many of us forget the ones that can't speak for themselves...THANK YOU
    angelic_one2002 and PGM35 like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Since this is the time of year that many of us go out of our way to give to others in need and I know that they are grateful but I am asking that those of you who can afford it to please remember the animals too.....if you are able please buy an extra bag of dog and /or cat food and litter and give it to a local non kill animal shelter or rescue group....so many of us forget the ones that can't speak for themselves...THANK YOU
    Don't forget blankets and towels for the shelters as well. It gets cold in the cages they keep these animals in. Please help them out if you can!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, I was just thinking that I hadn't done anything stupidly reportable in a while. And I spoke too soon!

*******Bonehead Move of the Month, and it's still early in the month*********

I went out to pick up some pizza for the gang. It was dark and, since I live just around the corner from the Papa John's, I don't order delivery. I get over to the shopping center lot where the store is located, and find a parking spot in my usual, general area. I go in, get my order, come back out and jump into a white car. The moment the door closes, I notice that something is just not quite right. This Is Not My Car! I try to open the door to get out, and the inside door handle is hanging loose. I notice that there is a screwdriver wedged in the driver's window...I assume to keep the window up. There is NO radio. I slowly look in the backseat, for monsters, I guess; it's just dark and junky looking. I'm, a little, in shock, trying to figure out how I am going to get out of this heap...hoping that the owner is going to come walking up. No such luck....but, Wait!!! Here comes a gentleman (I hope) walking toward the car!! And he starts for the nice car parked next to my "prison". I start tapping on the window; he looks, warily; I yell, "Can please you open this door?" He opens it, and I tell him that I've gotten into this raggedy hoopty, by mistake, and that I couldn't get out! My white car was parked on the other side of HIS car; both cars have the same, general, shape. He looked at my car and told me that there was a big difference between my car and the other car (leave it to a guy). My point was that both cars were white, and that's all that I had been looking at....plus the "hoopty" was parked in my usual parking space! As I sat in my car, preparing to leave and thankful for how nice MY car was, in comparison, out of the pizza restaurant comes the pizza delivery guy and he climbs into the hoopty. I told him that I had gotten into his car, by mistake, in case he smelled anything strange (like pizza! How stupid was that since he is a pizza delivery guy???) He said he smelled perfume. I said, "That would be me." He smiled and nodded. I took off.

"DumbAzz" strikes again!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I did the same thing when I got my first Tiburon - I got into a small silver car in the general area of where I'd parked and took a minute to realize it wasn't mine. I didn't get trapped in it like you did, but I sure felt stupid getting out and getting into mine a few spaces away. I really hoped nobody was watching, but in a big parking lot it isn't very likely. Glad to know I'm not alone.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread