+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    My friends nephew was found dead in his bed at the age of 33 yesterday. I am so sad that he is gone at such a young age! He was always a very good listener, liked to make people laugh etc...I am just stunned! For me it reminded me to tell all of those close to me how much I love them because you never know when your time will come........
    What happened, what caused his death?

My 17-year old son had a seizure on a beautiful morning last May...he had a HUGE brain tumor, tennis-ball sized. Thank God it was benign and removed, but our lives changed in a split-second! His very rare tumor could have been cancer but wasn't. It had been there most, if not all, of his life. His tumor had created a midline shift, meaning it had moved from one hemisphere of the brain to the other...which, they say, is BAD. Every day is precious! Every day. Every day.

My Point is....I second that!
    Last edited by SugarMama; 10-07-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    What happened, what caused his death?

My 17-year old son had a seizure on a beautiful morning last May...he had a HUGE brain tumor, tennis-ball sized. Thank God it was benign and removed, but our lives changed in a split-second! His very rare tumor could have been cancer but wasn't. It had been there most, if not all, of his life. His tumor had created a midline shift, meaning it had moved from one hemisphere of the brain to the other...which, they say, is BAD. Every day is precious! Every day. Every day.

My Point is....I second that!
    He died of heart failure. The coroner said his heart failed because of his weight.

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    He died of heart failure. The coroner said his heart failed because of his weight.
    I'm so sorry

We had a friend this summer whose son had a seizure disorder, but he'd not had a seizure in about 10 years. He was found in his bed like that, too. He was 24. He'd had a seizure in bed. Now I am fearful everytime my son oversleeps!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, what do you think?

Empty Nest? Not All Parents Are Sad About It

My son is up and out, and that is a good thing. I don't want him under my roof, if I can help it, but I would like to have him in the same city. I don't rest well when he's here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Got my STOOPID annual mammogram at 8 tomorrow morning. What a total drag!!! I'd rather stick needles in eyes!! I know it's for my own good, but that still does not make it any better! .
    Thanks for listening/reading! I guess I just needed to vent.
    prhoshay, I hear ya on the mammogram thing. I should start going but hearing the stories are not motivating me to want to make an appointment. Hope you have great results. Don't y'all think that if men had to have mammograms or pap smears that the tests would be totally different?

On another note...has anyone seen Donald Trump on TV recently? OMG. Lay off of the spray tan, dude. His eye area is completely white while the rest of his face is this odd orange-y colour. He normally looks ridiculous but this new look is down right clownish!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    On another note...has anyone seen Donald Trump on TV recently? OMG. Lay off of the spray tan, dude. His eye area is completely white while the rest of his face is this odd orange-y colour. He normally looks ridiculous but this new look is down right clownish!!
    His complete lack of self-awareness about his appearance make me question everything else about him. How smart can he really be if he doesn't realize how completely ridiculous he looks?
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

prhoshay, I hear ya on the mammogram thing. I should start going but hearing the stories are not motivating me to want to make an appointment. Hope you have great results. Don't y'all think that if men had to have mammograms or pap smears that the tests would be totally different?
    My mammo was normal, whereas last year, I ended up getting a biopsy....all was good on that front, too. Just got my lab report back for my latest bloodwork....smiley faces, all around! Got my stoopid flu shot. I am being such a good girl that I am completely boring, thank goodness. I've also decided that men deserve digital rectal exams! That's the least they could do!!

I was in a group that I don't normally interact with and, did you ever notice how some people can have a mouth full of NICE and refuse to let any of it fall out of their mouths? I don't want them to be disingenuous, but sometimes it's better to say nothing at all. Being nasty can be sooo stressful and tiring. Needless to say, I didn't stay around them for long.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My son is up and out, and that is a good thing. I don't want him under my roof, if I can help it, but I would like to have him in the same city. I don't rest well when he's here.
    How old was your son when he moved out? My oldest is 18, but he is currently in his last year of high school. I love him dearly, but he can be so difficult to live with at this age. He seems to think he should be able to do whatever the heck he wants because he is 18, but sometimes he seems to be completely blind when he makes completely irresponsible decisions. I feel like I'm going to turn blue in the face lecturing him about how being adult mean prioritizing and making responsible choices, it isn't just about having fun and hanging out and buying anything you want the second you feel the impulse!!

Whew. ::deep breath:: I think I'm done ranting for the moment!

Mine graduated at age 18, also, but he went straight to in-state live-away college! He was close enough, but far away enough, if you know what I mean. He came home, but didn't overdo it. He's always been a pretty independent person, by my design, and just by nature of who he is. And, yes, he did some stupid things, but nothing major that I have found out about. He's, pretty much, been gone ever since. He lives in a small, country town with some girl that I don't think much of, but it's his life, but we are in frequent touch....thank goodness for texting! He's a dad now, and he's very happy with his current station in life. Whatever. I have learned is that if I had a daughter, I'd probably be seeing more of everybody. Sons just aren't the same. I've got to let him live his life. It's his...not mine.

Rant over!

Donald Trump looks as though he's been taking fashion advice from Snookie.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread