+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6457Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best wishes to you, nennie! That is wonderful.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Thank you angelic. I really can't believe it's been 40 years.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I know. Time really does fly. We celebrated our 32nd this past summer, and I don't know where the years went.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Congratulations Nennie....is today's world 40 years is a long time and hopefully many more to you and hubby! Sorry, I was late but just got home from camping today.

Congratulations nennie! I love to hear about couples married this long - reminds me that it is ok to have faith that some marriages actually do last in this day and age!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone use the Forceflex garbage bags? I'm trying to decided if they're worth me buying them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm too cheap but I bet those would save the headache of garbage bags trying to tear apart before you get outside.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I use them and really like them. I've NEVER had one break. Since I recycle everything I can, I don't go through gargage bags very quickly. The Forceflex bags are one of my few splurges.
    burntbrat likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm like Critical, we recycle more than we throw away and the Forceflex holds up very well so it's worth it since we only have 1-2 bags of trash per week. Now what I need is something that keeps the stink away. I cut all the fat off my chicken and throw it in the trash, and it gets super stinky when you don't take the trash out that often. I tried the odor blocker bags once but it doesn't really work very well if you don't close up the bag :/

Oh and lettuce parts. Holy crud, the only thing that stinks worse than rotten meat and eggs is rotten lettuce. If I throw away the lettuce core and outside leaves and leave them in the trash a few days, it's like armageddon in my garbage can. I'd try a compost bin but I think my neighbors would kill me because of the lettuce stink.
    Last edited by burntbrat; 09-25-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can offer help with stinky things that aren't quite ready to go out of the door for garbage day yet. What I've learned to do is to put the stinky in a plastic bag, like maybe a couple of old grocery bags or ziplock-type bags, and put it in the freezer until garbage day. Knot the bags up really good so that your fridge doesn't get invaded by smell. The biggest trick is not forgettring to throw it out when garbage day comes around; keep it toward the front of the freezer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread