+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What I have learned about blood draws is that it's all about training but, more so, experience. You learn more when you attach yourself to somebody who knows what they are doing, and listen and heed what the tips are they are giving you. It's called "follow them around and watch what they do!"....when you can. You cannot "arm hop" on me. Permission denied! Some people are just squeamish about what they are doing.

During a hospital stay, one young nursing student put a tourniquet on my arm that you could barely tell was there...that is just how loose it was. There is NO excuse for that. I did not allow her to stick me. Just understanding the mechanics is a start.....hello???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am SUPER ready for this weekend to be over. At least I am able to clear out a lot of the junk stored on my DVR. Some things I am just not up for revisiting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh shay, I somewhat feel opposite. In ways I'm okay with the weekend being over and in other ways, I'm wishing it wouldn't be. We had a string of 30+ (C) weather and it drops significantly tomorrow.. our last week of summer so to speak. Also, I'm such a tv nut and the seasons are starting again. It was kind of nice to have a virtually empty DVR for the past few weeks.

I was really burnt out on Friday and didn't want the weekend to end, but today, things went smoothly at work and several students told me how much they like my class, so that kind of makes it ok.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Had our CT scan done today. Will find out tomorrow if it shows anything good or bad in the lungs. Next week we find out what the oncologist has in store for my son. Hopefully something good so we can enroll him in college and help him get back into a normal routine!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Positive thoughts and prayers for Victor.

Same here, bug.
    Count your blessings!

I am sending my positive thoughts your way, Bug. I hope you hear good news.

I found this article, about the power of touch, to be most interesing and relatable. I come from a family of huggers, thank goodness! I've always felt sorry for the "touch-me-nots" that I have known, and have even been able to bring some of them around to my way of thinking. I enjoy being able to pass it on, but I know it's not always possible. It's all about our experiences.

Rhoda P. Curtis: The Power of Touch

Thanks shay!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread