+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I was at Pier 1 today looking for a gift for a woman in our discussion group who is moving away and while I was there I found the perfect gift for kids in college dorms... stick-on wall appliques that come off without damaging the walls. They had all different designs, but the ones I got are black and white interlocking circles that are actually chalk board surfaces so you can write on them. Comes with white and black chalk and an eraser. They were a good price, so I thought I'd start my Christmas shopping early. I have a daughter, a niece, and a nephew in college. I may think about the other designs and go back for more... I'm thinking my other daughter and one of my sisters might like them. They both like to play with home design and these are moveable.
    1dog2kids likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was at Pier 1 today looking for a gift for a woman in our discussion group who is moving away and while I was there I found the perfect gift for kids in college dorms... stick-on wall appliques that come off without damaging the walls. They had all different designs, but the ones I got are black and white interlocking circles that are actually chalk board surfaces so you can write on them. Comes with white and black chalk and an eraser. They were a good price, so I thought I'd start my Christmas shopping early. I have a daughter, a niece, and a nephew in college. I may think about the other designs and go back for more... I'm thinking my other daughter and one of my sisters might like them. They both like to play with home design and these are moveable.
    Sounds like it would be great for my home office!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Has anyone had carpal tunnel surgery?

I have to have it and am wondering about any who've gone through it?
    Recuperation time, etc.
    TIA
    I managed to avoid it by using a wrist brace at night and doing exercises. I also elminated processed foods from my diet. I don't know how much each change effected my CT but its pretty much completely gone. Surgery scares me completely...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Has anyone had carpal tunnel surgery?

I have to have it and am wondering about any who've gone through it?
    Recuperation time, etc.
    TIA
    I've had it on both hands; the first time I wore the brace, did the exercises, cortisone shots etc which didn't do much good before the surgery. THAT is the bad part. There is nothing to the surgery, and the hand/arm will feel 100% better that very day. So, 15 years later when the other hand and arm started giving me fits, I told the doc let's just do the surgery ASAP and the heck with fooling around trying to avoid it. Trust me this surgery is not hard, painful or anything, and you don't even have to do PT to get your hand working right again. You do have to keep it wrapped up good for a few days, but it won't stop you from doing too many things.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I've had it on both hands; the first time I wore the brace, did the exercises, cortisone shots etc which didn't do much good before the surgery. THAT is the bad part. There is nothing to the surgery, and the hand/arm will feel 100% better that very day. So, 15 years later when the other hand and arm started giving me fits, I told the doc let's just do the surgery ASAP and the heck with fooling around trying to avoid it. Trust me this surgery is not hard, painful or anything, and you don't even have to do PT to get your hand working right again. You do have to keep it wrapped up good for a few days, but it won't stop you from doing too many things.
    QueenB,

I did the cortisone shots and the braces every night, along with exercise, and nothing worked.
    Did you have the kind of surgery where they cut, or was it done endoscopically?
    They told me the stitches would be in for2 weeks and each hand would be wrapped. Can you do anything with the hand during that time? How long did it take before it got back to normal? Were you able to drive, etc. during that time?
    Thanks!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I had one of each--the cut way in 1984 and the endoscope in 2005. Neither one is a big deal, and I did drive, write etc. though the bandage might interfere with doing any small work. Pain or lack of mobility was NOT a problem at all. As I said, it's 'back to normal" other than the incision on the very day of surgery, except they don't want you picking up anything heavy for a few days. With the endoscope, it's only about 2-3 stiches, with the open surgery it was a huge cut requiring all of about 5/6
    Last edited by queenb; 09-05-2011 at 09:45 PM.

I had one of each--the cut way in 1984 and the endoscope in 2005. Neither one is a big deal, and I did drive, write etc. though the bandage might interfere with doing any small work. Pain or lack of mobility was NOT a problem at all. As I said, it's 'back to normal" other than the incision on the very day of surgery, except they don't want you picking up anything heavy for a few days. With the endoscope, it's only about 2-3 stiches, with the open surgery it was a huge cut requiring all of about 5/6
    Where I'm going, they only do the cutting - not the endoscopic - it seems.
    How long would you say it took before you were able to do everything again?
    Also are the stitches on the top of your hand or in the palm?

NRH! Read my prior post . I know it's hard to believe...it's the SAME DAY as surgery, unless you are working with tiny parts or something where the bandage will interfere, and no weight lifting , hole digging or anything until the stitches come out. I suppose if they wrapped your hand in a crazy way and covered all your fingers, that might bug you. But theactual use of the hand will be way, way better than it has been when you were suffering with carpal tunnel. The stitches are on the bottom of the palm where it meets the wrist. I can't imagine the surgeon not doing the endoscopic--do you have a second option? The open version did take a few more days to heal, so more days with the wrapping on it. Still, it's not painful, and you will be able to do most anything you want immediately, with no more tingling, burning, aching, e

NRH! Read my prior post . I know it's hard to believe...it's the SAME DAY as surgery, unless you are working with tiny parts or something where the bandage will interfere, and no weight lifting , hole digging or anything until the stitches come out. I suppose if they wrapped your hand in a crazy way and covered all your fingers, that might bug you. But theactual use of the hand will be way, way better than it has been when you were suffering with carpal tunnel. The stitches are on the bottom of the palm where it meets the wrist. I can't imagine the surgeon not doing the endoscopic--do you have a second option? The open version did take a few more days to heal, so more days with the wrapping on it. Still, it's not painful, and you will be able to do most anything you want immediately, with no more tingling, burning, aching, e
    I was surprised, too, esp. considering it's UCLA which is very state of the art.
    I actually don't get very much tingling or aching and never have. It primarily bothers me at night, whether I sleep with the braces or not.

In that case, look forward to getting a good night's sleep--I remember the nights with CTS, yuk.

+ Reply to Thread