+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Is that the couple that was on Oprah a few years ago? If not, there are at least two couples like that out there!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There's also the aspect where people you thought liked you (in real life, not the FB way) ok don't ever message on Facebook, or you extend a "hi-there" and get nothing back. And then there are the people I DO want to exchage messages with, but I really don't care to see all the web links, who-all their new FB friends are, etc and it takes 10 minutes to 'hide' all those posts--which on my page are 95% of what's on there. I don't want to 'defriend' most of them, because I DO want to know what's going on, but they almost exclusively do Facebook now, not even regular emails or what have you.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I 'unfriended' someone whose posts stressed me. Unless she goes looking for my name on her 'friends' list, I don't think she'll know it, will she? You've got to know my "secret squirrel" name to find me anyway! Somebody took my name that I use on this board....of all the nerve!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Speaking from another viewpoint-A couple of times I've been defriended. No reason I can think of. And it hurts. So I can only think of 2 people I have removed from my friends list in all the years I've been on FB.
    I've defriended people sometimes because I don't use Facebook to chat. If I want to talk someone, I'll send a message to them by email or private message at a forum we both go to. I add a lot of temporary friends for Facebook games I play so sometimes I start deleting people who no longer play the games and who I don't interact with on Facebook. I've had forum friends get upset with me because of that but I didn't do it to hurt them. I figured they were probably getting tired of seeing all my posts regarding games and I didn't care to see their general chatter, quizzes, photos, etc. Since we were still in contact in other ways, I didn't expect them to be so hurt.

I just post stupid stuff on Facebook to get likes and comments to make me feel better about myself. True story.
    Ellen and JavaJo like this.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I only read on FB. I seldom post; maybe I'll wish someone a happy birthday. Mostly, I keep up with what my little darling is posting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I just post stupid stuff on Facebook to get likes and comments to make me feel better about myself. True story.
    I admit it, I do that, too. I mostly post funny stuff or once in awhile I'll post something to tick off my republican friends.
    Lil Bit, Cootie and Prism like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    And I'm happy to "like" your posts and provide you with that validation!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I saw a commercial for Almay's "Smoky-I" kit, and was transported back to when I used to do that look, maybe, in high school or college! I remember standing in the mirror recreating looks I saw from magazines. I'd go section-by-section doing what I saw. Like the saying goes....everything old is new again. People are acting like this smoky eye thing is something new. Nice Try!

Has anyone had carpal tunnel surgery?

I have to have it and am wondering about any who've gone through it?
    Recuperation time, etc.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread