+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6569Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The problem will be the day that you have extra stuff to throw away, and no can to put it in. I think I would attach a not saying 'go ahead this week, but afterward please call the collection company and request a trash bin as I need mine--thanks!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Unfortunately, the collection people do not provide containers...we provide our own.

Here's another question that somebody may be able to answer. I remember when you would receive an unsolicited credit card application in the mail, and there was a phone number hidden on the back of it that would give you a telephone number with which to opt out of receiving this kind of mail. I've noticed a return of the unsolicited credit card applications, and there is not an "opt out" telephone number located in any of the junk. What's the deal?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know, but I'm not finding the "Do not call" list to be very effective. I'm still getting calls and when I say, "I'm on the Do Not Call list," they just hang up. But I'm still interrupted from what I'm doing.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, you can be called by your bank or credit card companies even if you are on the Do Not Call list. Those are the people who usually call me wanting to sell me some additional service. And my cable company. And there are some other exceptions. I think the number of calls I get has been greatly reduced, so I am grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Unfortunately, the collection people do not provide containers...we provide our own.
    Then they can provide their own. If they can't afford it, then maybe they shouldn't be in business.
    My instinct as a tiny (smaller than small) business? They're lazy. Stop enabling them!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's another question that somebody may be able to answer. I remember when you would receive an unsolicited credit card application in the mail, and there was a phone number hidden on the back of it that would give you a telephone number with which to opt out of receiving this kind of mail. I've noticed a return of the unsolicited credit card applications, and there is not an "opt out" telephone number located in any of the junk. What's the deal?
    Probably loopholes (supported by the current majority in Congress) for offshore mailing houses, etc. Hey, they do it for offshore call centers.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Are you guys bracing for the storm?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't know, but I'm not finding the "Do not call" list to be very effective. I'm still getting calls and when I say, "I'm on the Do Not Call list," they just hang up. But I'm still interrupted from what I'm doing.
    If the actual call is made from an offshore call center, they're immune. And since so many companies outsource for marketing and fundraising, DNC is useless, I've found.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I totally agree!
    At first, it was wonderful but gradually it's become awful again. The only good thing is with Caller ID, you can often guess who's a telemarketer.
    I don't feel I have to even be distrurbed enough to have to tell them I'm on the Do Not Call List. They don't care. What's going to happen? The phone police will come after them??? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Are you guys bracing for the storm?
    I'm starting to get a little nervous... the storm track is projected right over us. Even though it's weakened, they're still talking 78 mph wind gusts for about 12 hours tomorrow. My house is in a protected little area, but there are a lot of trees around. Today I'm taking everything inside that's not nailed down, filling the car, gathering flashlights and candles to a central location. I think it's a given that we'll lose electricity for a day or two. We had the ice storm a few Christmases ago with long electrical outages, so I remember how you can't get gas, groceries, money, etc.
    Count your blessings!

I was glad to see people taking the advice to evacuate and preparing for the worst.
    I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

+ Reply to Thread