Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What's shakin', East Coasters?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    What's shakin', East Coasters?
    My house, and a lot of other houses and buildings around here. If nothing else, this gives all of us who have been affected an idea of what you Californians go through. I was in CA the day of the Northridge earthquake, and completely forgotten what it felt like. We had a minor rumble here about 15 years ago,but nothing like this. How terribly sad for the people where the epicenter is, and those in the immediate surrounding areas. Scary to see the shots of the White House trembling. We've all known there was a major fault on the East coast, and today it reminded us of its presence. Prayers for anyone injured or who lost their possessions in this horrible event.

Have been MIA here for a long time now, which might have something to do with become the mother of twins. However, today I'm home sick and was inevitably lured here by the new all star cycle of ANTM. So glad to see so many familiar faces here! Hi, everyone, hope you're doing fabulously!
    canuckinchile and Cootie like this.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I like Facebook and although I don't see myself as a People Collector, I have tons of friends and some I've never met. I used to play the games but when I collected about 3000 people that I didn't know, I started a new profile for real life friends. I have since closed the gamer profile since I don't play anymore. I love sharing where I go and what I'm doing, and yes, I am careful if I am alone. I get some very interesting comments on my pics and my statuses and they vary with whoever is on at the time or whoever is "friendly" to me that day.

While I still like coming here, I hate that I don't get notified from the forums I'm interested in. I like FB notification that if you are mentioned or tagged, or whatever, you get notified.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK, another stupid question of my day: My next door neighbor moved and left his daycare-running daughter in the house (yes, daycare next door!). It is his daughter, his daughter's 9 year old son, and his daughter's mother. The people are nice enough, and it is not noisy, and there are not a ton of kids. A couple of weeks ago, I went out to put my garbage in the outdoor cans, and my cans were all filled up with garbage from the daycare. I called her and asked what I was to do with my garbage; she quickly apologized, blamed the 9 year old, and said that it wouldn't happen again. My cans quickly returned right after the call, empty. Since that time, every week, I go out to a can missing....and I think we all know where it is. It is aggravating, but it's not impossible to deal with. I think I resent the assumption that they are just welcome to come over, and make off with my garbage can. It is always promptly returned after collection morning. I think it's just the principle of the matter, but it grates on me. The least they could do is ask. I think I am going to ask my former neighbor to buy them a garbage can for Christmas. Am I being unreasonable? Maybe there's something that I'm just not seeing here.
    I think I would be calling the city to complain about that neighbor, or at least threatening the neighbor that I'd call the city if they kept taking off with my trash can. If they're going to be running a business from their home, they need to be responsible for their own trash, and not borrowing your can without your permission.

As Ellen mentioned, if you're ok with it, maybe you could charge them a monthly or weekly fee to use your can.

FORT Fogey

Another point about running a daycare in the home...and it may not be true in your state, shay, but here they have to be licensed by the state...

Chain it to your railing!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I WISH I had a railing! That thought had occurred to me! If they weren't such nice people, I would call and complain, but I'm trying to work through it since I am friendly with her dad. The place is kept up, and there is miminal noise....and they do bring my garbage can back when I set mine out.....along with the "borrowed" one. But it is annoying. Thanks for your input and support!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Have been MIA here for a long time now, which might have something to do with become the mother of twins. However, today I'm home sick and was inevitably lured here by the new all star cycle of ANTM. So glad to see so many familiar faces here! Hi, everyone, hope you're doing fabulously!
    Welcome back Geek!!! Hope your twins are happy and healthy. I cannot even begin to imagine how much work twins are, especially as babies!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know, but I would guess that the key to dealing with more than one same-aged baby, is schedule, schedule, schedule! And even then, it's a trip!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread