+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

And how do your eyeballs tell you that they taste!! I just can't hold my eyeballs accountable for taste.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But Mariner, you live where some of the best cherries are grown!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    But Mariner, you live where some of the best cherries are grown!
    True. By eyeball 'em, I just make sure they aren't shriveled. That works with cherries for me. Grapes are trickier. I'll give you all that.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

*picturing Mariner having an eye like the witches on Clash of the Titans and fondling the produce with it*

just1paul likes this.

I intend to watch this every day before I start my day at school.

Sesame Street - I Am Somebody(better copy) - YouTube

That's Jesse Jackson in case any of you young uns thought it was Will Smith.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question: Can someone explain to me why someone would send you a friend request when it was well known that you two didn't really like each other? I've never understood that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Question: Can someone explain to me why someone would send you a friend request when it was well known that you two didn't really like each other? I've never understood that.
    Maybe to try to repair the relationship? Only thing I can think of...

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Your story reminded me of something that happened over 35 years ago. I was in the Italian butcher shop with my oldest son who was 4 at the time. The lady at the counter was wearing a sleeveles, low cowl neck top and as she bent forward to lift a tray of veal cutlets from the case, her top bloused out and - she was braless and completely exposed to my 4 year old son who was staring wide eyed at her. I was about to distract him, when he asked (loudly): Hey lady, where'd you get them meatballs??
    just1paul and nanaslbkp like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Your story reminded me of something that happened over 35 years ago. I was in the Italian butcher shop with my oldest son who was 4 at the time. The lady at the counter was wearing a sleeveles, low cowl neck top and as she bent forward to lift a tray of veal cutlets from the case, her top bloused out and - she was braless and completely exposed to my 4 year old son who was staring wide eyed at her. I was about to distract him, when he asked (loudly): Hey lady, where'd you get them meatballs??
    Oh my word, that is hysterical, Poppy! Out of the mouths of babes!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'll give the cynical answer, based on my experience on FB with people I knew in high school:
    They get their rocks off on having a big number of "friends," and then find meaning in an otherwise meaningless life by filling everyone's newsfeeds with their obnoxious political rants/raves and links to Fox News, and ruining any of your own status updates with their rude and argumentative responses.

Those jerks, BTW, were quickly unfriended. And following rude PMs in protest of the smaller number of their "friend" tallies, promptly blocked.
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-20-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    just1paul likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread