+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7125Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I haven’t seen you guys around much recently, either, LB and CRTW, that’s why I thought Bachmann might have taken off with you and I’d have to send out a search party. CRTW, you have the AK Palin connection and the MN Bachmann connection, so that’s like a double threat.

Congrats on your new job and your great grades last semester LB!! (I saw your post about your grades too embarrassingly late to respond in the back to school thread) and good luck with the upcoming semester. You could absolutely teach those courses just like MRD. And hope everything is well with your full house, CRTW. I stop by the movie threads as often as I can to read the great reviews that you and everyone else leave there. I’d link them into the Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics list if I could. Also hope everyone’s summer is going well that I haven’t been able to catch up with recently.

And Shay always has the best stories. I’m really wondering what naughty place your co-worker went to, Shay, to need that clean sample.

Oh, and full circle back to Walmart, we don’t have one in NYC but at the ones in CT where I also grew up there were always broken into food items. I even had to throw out vitamins once that were opened and had about a third missing but I was a teenager so I didn’t even think to check the safety seal. Ewww!!!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Well, I had fingerprinting done numerous times, as well, for high level sec. clearances and never had the problem before.

Ellen, not sure how interesting that makes me, or my life!!!

Pikachu,

I didn't get anything on my fingertips - certainly no antiperspirant or anything else.

I tried to ask them what could cause it and they just said that it happens to many people, but they didn't say why. Still a mystery. Sure would like to know why.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good to "see" the invisible chrisg!!!

(And the guy who wanted the "clean" sample was a cop!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This whole open package eating food in aisle's is disgusting! I always check the egg cartons to ensure there's a full dozen, or I'll twist the cap off of a product to make sure the seal isn't broken inside. Come to think of it, I can't think of very many products that aren't sealed anymore. Even toothpaste comes in a sealed box. Another habit of mine, is always taking products from the back rather than the first one on the shelf.

I'm sorry but eating cherries or grapes in the grocery store to me is also disgusting! The thought that someone ate from my bunch of grapes, before I selected the bunch, or took a cherry, put it in their mouth, liked it and went back for more with the same hand that was in his mouth taking the pit out? This is worse than people who don't wash the tops of cans before opening them! I wipe my shopping cart with hand sanitizer and a kleenex, always have ( I need to look for bleech wipes) I would never eat food in a grocery store. Call me wierd, over the top, or whatever, but I've always been that way and over the years its getting worse with more and more sickness due to uncleanliness.

There are 5 hospitals in my area, all with outbreaks of C Difficile, 31 deaths since late May. You are greeted by a guard who makes you wash your hands in front of him/her. Times have changed, growing up we never thought about half of this stuff and now people are dying. Who ever heard of C Diff, as we have now been accustomed to calling it?!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Good to "see" the invisible chrisg!!!

(And the guy who wanted the "clean" sample was a cop!)
    , Shay. And he’s a police officer! I wasn’t sure if you thought that was a cover story of his or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    There are 5 hospitals in my area, all with outbreaks of C Difficile, 31 deaths since late May. You are greeted by a guard who makes you wash your hands in front of him/her. Times have changed, growing up we never thought about half of this stuff and now people are dying. Who ever heard of C Diff, as we have now been accustomed to calling it?!
    I've heard C Diff is insidious and very difficult to get rid of, GA. I'm so sorry to hear of the outbreak.
    Last edited by chrisg; 08-07-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I just got back from the grocery store where there is an olive bar. I watched two teenage girls pick olives out with their fingers and eat them! They saw me standing there staring at them and they just giggled and ran off. I'll never get those again.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    I'm sorry but eating cherries or grapes in the grocery store to me is also disgusting! The thought that someone ate from my bunch of grapes, before I selected the bunch, or took a cherry, put it in their mouth, liked it and went back for more with the same hand that was in his mouth taking the pit out?
    I completely disapprove of testing out cherries, grapes, etc. in the grocery store, but not for sanitary reasons - I can wash them and they've already been touched by the people who picked them, the people who shipped them and the people who stocked the bins. What I can't fathom is how people feel that theft is okay, and theft it is. If every one of a thousand people who peruse the grocery store on a given feels that they have to test the small fruit for flavour, then that is at least a thousand cherries or grapes that the store isn't being paid for. And I'm pretty sure that no one would tolerate a single tester eating a thousand cherries or grapes.
    Ellen likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Personally, I like to wash my fruits and veggies before I eat them, so testing in the store isn't anything I've ever even considered, although I've seen plenty of people doing it.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I will not take home sour, subpar fruit if I can help it. Just not going to do it. It is not unreasonable. If I like the sample, I take the bunch that I took the sample from, because I know I am in the right area. For what you pay for fresh fruit and gas today, there's no way I'm making a return trip until I absolutely have to.

And, buy the way, the people who received the Edible Arrangements from me really loved them! I've sent 2 so far. One of the things that I learned was that the company won't remove any fruits that you may be allergic to, so you can't put together a preferred assortment like you can with flowers. They say they will look high and low to help you find an assortment that will work for you, but they must stick to their shown products. That frustrated ME a bit, since I am allergic to various yummy fruits. Thank you, FoRTers for your suggestions, even if I am going broke in the process!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

Have you seen how much they are charging for cherries? It's obscene. I bought a bag without noting the price and when the cashier rung it in it was 27.00! I don't begrudge people trying a cherry or grape to test them (note the use of the singular). FYI, I didn't check the 27.00 cherries and they turned out to be crappy.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread