+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6753Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Shay, I've heard good things about Edible Arrangements although I've not tasted their stuff but it sure looks purty. And actually, 12 bucks is not a bad delivery price at all. I send a lot of flower arrangements and have paid as much as $17.95 for delivery, which is on top of the tax, of course. Any way you slice it, it ain't cheap!

ClosetRTWatcher - Just for my own peace of mind... Walmart North or South? (not that it really matters... it seems like one is much the same as another)

To whoever mentioned that they found a carton of eggs with a couple of eggs missing, that can happen while packaging. I used to work at an egg packing plant. It may be different now, but back then one person put the carton on top of the eggs, the whole thing went down the line and a machine turned it all over and closed the carton. Then a person picked the cartons up off the conveyor and packed them in a box. You could usually tell (after you'd done it awhile) when there were eggs missing because of the difference in weight, but one or two eggs gone were sometimes hard to spot.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    ClosetRTWatcher - Just for my own peace of mind... Walmart North or South? (not that it really matters... it seems like one is much the same as another)
    Hi Lil Bit, I was wondering if you would jump into this discussion!

The spinch dip guy was at the north, but the empty bag of chocolates and the strewn-about crayons were at the south. I also suspect that the bread incident my friend witnessed was likely at the south ( but that is simply because I believe they live closer to that walmart). I live and work closer to the north, so if I have to go to Walmart I am more likely to hit that one. I think you are correct that incidents of crazy behavior are probably pretty evenly distributed across Walmart locations!!
    :: end location specific post ::

Wait, so LB and CRTW are both in IA these days? I’m getting a message from my tin foil hat and it has to do with conspiracy theories involving Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign. If you are both there in IA - and so conspiring - I think the two of you should confess and turn yourselves in peaceably before I have to stage an intervention.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just, recently, got information about something that my name was, apparently, involved in a good 20 years ago.....just yesterday!!! We used to have to take physicals every year and one guy, who couldn't produce urine when it was needed, had told his now ex-wife about taking some of MY urine (he thought he was taking some from another guy that he knew and was pretty sure was "clean"), and substituted it for his own. The "clean" guy and I had the same last name, but different first initials. When labs came back on this idiot "urine thief", it was flagged as being normal for a female, but not for HIM!!! He told then-wifey that, he thought that the first initial may have matched mine! That was a little embarrassing, to say the least!!!! I never heard anything about it and, YES....it was clean and all normal!!!!

Just like with directions, I've always said that guys tend NOT to read!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Wait, so LB and CRTW are both in IA these days? I’m getting a message from my tin foil hat and it has to do with conspiracy theories involving Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign. If you are both there in IA - and so conspiring - I think the two of you should confess and turn yourselves in peaceably before I have to stage an intervention.
    Hi Chrisg!
    Actually I am in MN, but Lil Bit has been known to come up this way. However, I'm not in Michelle Bachman's district so I cannot be blamed for anything related to her!

Has anyone had to take fingerprints recently?
    I've had mine done several times in past.
    This time they did not take and I was told I had to redo.
    What causes this?
    The fingerprinting office gave me zilch for feedback.

TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

norealityhere: I wish I knew why your prints didn't take. I took a fingerprinting class and we didn't go into scenarios about why that might happen, except in cases where people purposefully destroyed their fingerprints by burning their fingertips. The only thing I can think of would be maybe something in your body chemistry kept the ink from adhering. Maybe you got antiperspirant or some other chemical on your hands. Or perhaps you're taking a medicine that causes the secretions from your pores to contain minute amounts of chemicals that are messing with the fingerprinting process.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Has anyone had to take fingerprints recently?
    Hmmm. No. You must lead a way more interesting life than I do!

(I had to have them done many years ago for a security clearance when I worked for a government contractor.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Hi Chrisg!
    Actually I am in MN, but Lil Bit has been known to come up this way. However, I'm not in Michelle Bachman's district so I cannot be blamed for anything related to her!
    ClosetRTWatcher - You don't have to be blamed for Michelle Bachman if I don't have to be blamed for Steve King.
    I usually go to Walmart north when I'm up that way because there's a Sam's Club next to it, but you're right. I'm pretty sure Walmart is Walmart where ever you go. Plus, idiot people are everywhere.

For anyone who's interested, I'm the one on Facebook who saw the teenager taste the peanut butter, put the top back on, and walk away. I told a store employee on him, but didn't stick around to see what happened.

Hi chrisg! Haven't seen you around in awhile. I haven't had much time to be on here lately and once my new job gets going and fall semester starts, I probably won't be able to surface until December.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread