+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6582Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ewww! These kind of stories really creep me out, but it's a good reminder to double check the seals are in place when you open your food/toiletries. I'm usually annoyed by that seal under the lid in mustard bottles for example, but now I will be grateful it's keeping my food safe!

So my son's wisdom teeth are coming in and he is in pain. Problem is he cannot do anything about it right now until his chemo treatments are over. He is so ornery with the pain and has gotten some pain meds but the inflammation is really aggravating him. I had him swish with some warm salt water but it grossed him out to the point of being sick. I have no idea what to do for him now. Luckily he gets to go to Universal Studios on Thursday with a foundation for cancer patients so that puts a smile on his face for sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

ambesol!!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

yep ambesol!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I would never sample products at the store before buying. I'll sniff things like deodorant (without unsealing them) so I can pick out a scent I like but with other things, if I'm interested, I'll try it once and if I end up not liking it, I just won't buy it again.

I remember going to the store with a friend in middle school (there was a Publix across the street from the school) and she bought something while we were looking around (chips or cookies) and ate it while we were shopping then paid for the empty bag at the checkout. I remember being horrified that she ate the item before paying for it. At least she did pay, though.

My grandma also used to sample fruit, such as eat a few grapes, before buying them and that made me uneasy. I thought she probably got away with it since she was an older lady but I was afraid if I tried it, I'd be asked to leave the store.

I will definitely check products more closely from now on before buying to make sure nobody else has opened them. People are so gross!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I WILL open a box of Kleenex I've yet to pay for if I am in trouble with the nose. I don't have a problem with people who open something and then PAY for it. And grapes and cherries MUST be sampled before purchase, and I think that the store people expect you to!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    So my son's wisdom teeth are coming in and he is in pain. Problem is he cannot do anything about it right now until his chemo treatments are over. He is so ornery with the pain and has gotten some pain meds but the inflammation is really aggravating him. I had him swish with some warm salt water but it grossed him out to the point of being sick. I have no idea what to do for him now. Luckily he gets to go to Universal Studios on Thursday with a foundation for cancer patients so that puts a smile on his face for sure!
    Anbesol would probably help with the surface pain, but I would be worried that it wouldn't be able to penetrate quite far enough to get the deep ache you can get with wisdom teeth. That is one of those things that can be a different experience for every person.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I WILL open a box of Kleenex I've yet to pay for if I am in trouble with the nose. I don't have a problem with people who open something and then PAY for it. And grapes and cherries MUST be sampled before purchase, and I think that the store people expect you to!
    I also don't have a problem with opening a package in the store as long as it is paid for at checkout. I'm sure I have done this with Kleenex and when my children were very young we might have opened a box of crackers or something they could snack on while we were shopping. I have also let them eat some salami from the deli while we were shopping, but explained that they weighed it and labeled it with the price BEFORE they had any so we were paying for what they had eaten. I never sample grapes or cherries, but I wouldn't freak out if I saw someone else sampling something small like that. I actually saw a talk show once where women were arguing that as long as they consumed something while in the store, they didn't have to pay for it when they left. They were talking about bigger fruits like apples and entire boxes of crackers, I thought they were crazy - that is theft! On the other hand, I guess it may be better than sampling it and then leaving it on the shelf for the next customer to purchase!!!

I am glad to hear that not many people here have witnesses this package opening behavior. One poster mentioned cookies with a few missing - I think we typically buy cookies in sealed packages so I have never noticed anything like that. This does remind me of TWO other Walmart experiences I have had in the last year. The first time I was shopping with another person and we were in the candy aisle and they picked up a bag of chocolates and it was EMPTY! It was one of those rigid vertical bags and someone had emptied the thing out and then put it back on the shelf! The second time I was walking through all of the aisles on a weekly shopping trip and my sister-in-law was with me. In one aisle we started noticing crayons randomly scattered about the shelves in the food aisles. We got to the end of one aisle and the empty crayon box was sitting there. We chalked that one up to poor parenting!!

I knew that there was a reason why I didn't like to go to WalMart! The place gives me anxiety, anyway! Always has. Gives me "the vapors"! I have bought a space heater from Wally World, but no food products.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Have you ever checked out the website People of Walmart? Man, they've got some crazy stories about things seen at Walmart. All that mess must happen at 3AM or something because I've never run into any real nutjobs there. I try to avoid going to Walmart for many reasons. It's not a fun place to shop.

When we had an Albertson's in town, I liked to shop there. Sometimes I even shopped at night (between 10pm to midnight) to avoid the crowds. Unfortunately, all of our Albertson's closed so now I go to Publix. They're more expensive but I like the quality of their stuff better.

Good Golly, Miss Molly!!!! I ordered one of the Edible Arrangements....the Tropical Daisy, I think, and it was expensive as hell!!! And the delivery charge was $12.00, from a shop only about 2 miles away from where they live!!! Maybe it's just been so long since I have had something delivered, and am out of the delivery cost loop. The good part is that it will be delivered today. I guess I don't mind the cost since I really like the person I am sending it to, and his wife. They are good people! This stuff had better be good!!!

+ Reply to Thread