+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4483Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Is it ok to have it in foods, like as a salad dressing? I tried it a couple of years ago before meals (forget why) and it really hurt my stomach.
    As far as I know, it's OK to have it any way you can get it in. I used to put a tbsp of it in iced tea with lemon, but it never bothered my stomach. I came to find it rather yummy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Hi everyone. Excuse the random posting, but I just couldn't return after 5+ years without saying something. I assume the same people must not be around (I do recognize a few names...), and most will not remember me, but I posted here from about 2003-2006, mostly in the Top Model and Project Runway boards. Hence my very high post count. Recently, I've gotten into SYTYCD, so I may be posting a bit. Just wanted to say hi to those who might remember me... from when I was 17.
    BACK!!!
    Count your blessings!

I'm drinking apple cider vinegar everyday to get rid of kidney stones.

Welcome back Salome!

CCL

Hi Salome ! Nice to see your name again.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Welcome back Salome!!

I have a little story and a question this morning. The other day I stopped at Walmart on my way home from work. I was in a rush and needed to run in for a jar of salsa, so I headed right for the chip aisle. There was a guy in the aisle looking at dips and as I walked by he picked up a jar of Tostitos Spinach Dip, OPENED it, SNIFFED it, then PUT IT BACK on the shelf!!! I could not believe it! A moment later he wandered out of the aisle. When I walked back by that display I poked the top of the jars until I found the one he opened, and picked it up and took it with me so I could hand it to the cashier on my way out. At least no one else would come along and buy that jar in a week after it has turned!!!!

I posted this story on my Facebook page and have since heard these accounts:
    - Teenager opens a jar of peanut butter, scoops out a sample with finger and eats it, and then puts jar back on the shelf (this tidbit was contributed by another FoRTer )
    - Guy in bread aisle opens up bag of bread, drops half of it on the floor, picks up bread and puts it back in the package, and then puts it back on shelf
    - Woman opens a bunch of toothpaste tubes, tastes them, puts them back on shelf

EEEEEW!!! The last two were specific to Walmart. I am already more inclined to shop at Target, but this supports that decision! A couple of years ago I bought a jar of spaghetti sauce and noticed when I opened it that it didn't "pop", and sure enough it was covered with mold under the lid. At the time I thought it was a fluke, but it was probably another inconsiderate person like this!

How prevalent is this kind of thing? Have any of you witnessed this kind of behavior???
    cablejockey likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never seen anything like this or heard of anything like this, but now you've got me creeped out and on vigilant alert. How disgusting. And I am also sure that it is not limited to WalMart. I think I would have "loud-talked" the creep in the dip area. I don't respond like that often but, sometimes, it's off and running before I can stop it. I used to work with a guy who thought it would be funny to play a "fart sound" when I walked into the office. He played the noise, and looked at me with huge "I've been caught" eyes, and I called him just about every name in the book, accompanied by some descriptive expletives. He fell all over himself trying to explain what he had really done. Luckily, we were the only 2 people in the shared office. He just sent me over the edge with his "joke".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I've seen people "test" makeup, lotion and such but never food. How disgusting! I will be watchful in the future.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention ClosetRTWatcher.

FORT Fogey

Many times I've seen people in the market throw non-frozen items into the freezer section....guess they decided they didn't want it. Also vice versa, frozen items melting in other parts of the store. I always bring the matter to the attention of a store staff person.

Make-up, lotion, etc. usually have "testers" in the respective department, especially in department stores. If it is confined to that, and they provide supplies for testing, I guess it is OK.

I've never seen anyone tasting food, except for grapes or cherries and I don't have a problem with that as long as it's only one.

I bought a jar of pasta sauce at Trader Joe's once and, when I got home, I discovered it had been opened. The next time I was at TJ's, I causally mentioned it to the checker as he was scanning another jar of the same sauce and he just gave it to me without scanning it. The jar was maybe $1.50, so I don't see why someone wouldn't just try it out rather than opening it in the store. Sometimes, people are just gross.

The toothpaste tasting = *shivers* That's why I buy mine at CostCo, where the boxes are shrink wrapped!
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I haven't seen this behaviour yet, but have noticed a few times lately that a bag of cookies had a few missing, some peanut butter had the seal off--it went back--and a carton of eggs I picked up and looed at had 2 eggs missing!!

+ Reply to Thread