+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6269Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #17301
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I congratulate all of you on here who've lost weight, either through the bariatric surgery, or other means.
    Some of the weight loss reported is really high and that is so commendable.

    MRD,
    I feel for you.
    I was getting them only at night - night sweats. However, when I had to switch 1 of my meds recently because of other problems, I started getting them all the time now.
    And, to think, I have several friends who NEVER got a hot flash or anything else in their life. THey can never empathize with you, as they're totally clueless and uncaring about it.
    I secretly wish they all could just have an entire week filled with them!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #17302
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I congratulate all of you on here who've lost weight, either through the bariatric surgery, or other means.
    Some of the weight loss reported is really high and that is so commendable.

    MRD,
    I feel for you.
    I was getting them only at night - night sweats. However, when I had to switch 1 of my meds recently because of other problems, I started getting them all the time now.
    And, to think, I have several friends who NEVER got a hot flash or anything else in their life. THey can never empathize with you, as they're totally clueless and uncaring about it.
    I secretly wish they all could just have an entire week filled with them!!
    . Mine changed from feeling like my hair would catch fire to whole body heat. But clammy and cold. Changing my thyroid meds made them a lot more frequent too. Why can't they just give you a shot and make it all be over with. The prospect of years of this is "thrilling"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #17303
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    . Mine changed from feeling like my hair would catch fire to whole body heat. But clammy and cold. Changing my thyroid meds made them a lot more frequent too. Why can't they just give you a shot and make it all be over with. The prospect of years of this is "thrilling"
    MRD -- I assume you're talking about change of life. A friend of mine who did not want to take HRT and was having a terrible time went to a GYN who had a combination of natural drugs compounded for her. I don't know if they have GYNs around your way who do this, but it made all the difference in the world for my friend in symptom relief. Hope this is helpful.

  4. #17304
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    MRD -- I assume you're talking about change of life. A friend of mine who did not want to take HRT and was having a terrible time went to a GYN who had a combination of natural drugs compounded for her. I don't know if they have GYNs around your way who do this, but it made all the difference in the world for my friend in symptom relief. Hope this is helpful.
    Yes they do and I have checked into it. But do not have health insurance so that is not an option for me at this time. I'll just have to grin and bear it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #17305
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    MRD -- I assume you're talking about change of life. A friend of mine who did not want to take HRT and was having a terrible time went to a GYN who had a combination of natural drugs compounded for her. I don't know if they have GYNs around your way who do this, but it made all the difference in the world for my friend in symptom relief. Hope this is helpful.
    Something to bear in mind about natural remedies (which I am actually a big fan of in general) is that they aren't all completely benign. The one most frequently suggested, black cohosh, has been linked to an increased risk of cancer, but most of the less risky ones haven't been clinically proven to have any effect on menopausal symptoms. This is why after a lot of research I've just decided to let the whole thing run its course since it's not going to kill me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #17306
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,847

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I had a complete hysterectomy at 38 because of cancer and I was on HRT for some few years after that until my body began to revolt from them. I got achy all over and hurt and couldn't figure out why and the only meds I was taking was the hormones. Once I eliminated them then it stopped so I had to fight through the night sweats and the hot flashes and I thought they would never end. I at 56 still have them but not like I did. I find they are worse if I am stressed. I tried the black cohosh and the natural ones you can get from the health food store and they didn't seem to help me.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  7. #17307
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,169

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    My situation is a little different - because of medically induced menopause for breast cancer management, I suffered hot flashes both at night and during the day. They evened out and are pretty much gone now (5 years in). Remember that some things like hot, spicey food, caffeine, and alcohol can trigger them. You might want to consider soy products... soy milk, tofu, tempeh, frozen shelled soy beans (good in salads)... soy produces a synthetic estrogen.
    Count your blessings!

  8. #17308
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Having had a surgically-induced menopause in 2000, I could not take HRT due to a clot history from my doc trying to treat uterine fibroids. A friend told me about this "mountain medicine" cure (he had a book that he really believed in), and I started taking apple cider vinegar everyday. Controlled my flashes, and they eventually went away. It took a couple of years, IIRC. None of those surprise sweats! I was very grateful for the simplicity of the remedy. No more flashes!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #17309
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,169

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Is it ok to have it in foods, like as a salad dressing? I tried it a couple of years ago before meals (forget why) and it really hurt my stomach.
    Count your blessings!

  10. #17310
    FORT Fogey Salome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Hi everyone. Excuse the random posting, but I just couldn't return after 5+ years without saying something. I assume the same people must not be around (I do recognize a few names...), and most will not remember me, but I posted here from about 2003-2006, mostly in the Top Model and Project Runway boards. Hence my very high post count. Recently, I've gotten into SYTYCD, so I may be posting a bit. Just wanted to say hi to those who might remember me... from when I was 17.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.