+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6245Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

THanks, innthegarden

I actually re-registered my number with DNCR less than 6 months ago.
    Since then, unfortunately, I've gotten more "boiler room" calls than ever before.

You're very lucky that you haven't.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I will have to check to see if our registration needs to be renewed. The worst, most nervy, calls are from "Cardholder Services." I always hang up on them right away. People must have coronaries thinking thereis something wrong with their credit card or their credit rating. What a ruse!!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    And believe me he knows how to use both...
    listen....do you hear that ? oooh scary.....slap, slap, grab, jump, jump, runnnnnnn... you remember.
    I remember it so well and I smile.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    THanks, innthegarden

I actually re-registered my number with DNCR less than 6 months ago.
    Since then, unfortunately, I've gotten more "boiler room" calls than ever before.

You're very lucky that you haven't.
    I'm not certain, but I think there's some sort of loophole with offshore call centers if the junk call is placed from Bangalore or Grand Cayman, enforcement of DNCR ain't gonna happen.
    Even onshore, enforcement is a pain in the ass. In order to report a junk call, you have to have noted not only the date and time of the call, but also the name of the caller, the company s/he works for and/or represents, and the physical address of where the call is coming from.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Totally agree with your post above, Ellen, and the amount of info required to actually report a telemarketer is what they count on -- that the American public is too lazy to bother. I admit to being among them; I just hang up after I remind them we're on the DNC list.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't even bother answering the phone; I refuse to cause myself any unnecessary aggravation. Something has changed with the DNC since it was started, that's for sure, because things are much worse. I keep my landline forwarded to my cell so that I can screen no matter where I am. It's kind of satisfying hitting that 'ignore' button! I am just not phone-addicted enough to make their efforts worth it, really; a lot of my friend ARE. Oh well............too bad for them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I too am on a DNC list but still get calls. In fact I just got one and noticed that the number does not come up on my caller ID.....just says incoming call. I had never noticed this before so I picked up and it was an alternative energy group looking for donations.....Now I know.

I learned something new today. Those annoying little grease spots that appear on clothes after washing and drying them are most likely caused by the darn dryer sheets! I have cleaned out the washing machines, used different soap, washed in hot water and still they just spring up on nearly every piece of clothing in the load! I looked it up and it is usually caused by the dryer sheets. No more dryer sheets for me ever again!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've never had problems with dryer sheets causing those spots, but I HAVE had that problem with fabric softener. Maybe if dryer sheets have the fabric softener in them, they cause the problem? I get the unscented ones that eliminate static and haven't had any spots.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've been using the 3 in one sheets because they are easy to travel with back and forth to the hospital. I had this problem a while back when I first moved into our apartment complex and I used to use liquid Tide and Snuggle dryer sheets back then. I threw away many of my favorite shirts because of these spots. I've learned on the net that public dryers can have build up from everyone's dryer sheets, etc creating wax on the dryer drum. Good news is I also found that I can use a small amount of dishwashing liquid in the wash to remove the existing grease stains and just hang my clothes after that. Gonna try it tonight.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread