+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It's getting a lot of talk on the news here and I'm surprised how angry some people are about it. There are plenty of places to eat out and this one only denies children UNDER THE AGE OF 6 - not all children. I would definitely go to such a place if I were going with another adult and wanted a quiet even out. I recently ate at a family restaurant where two mothers came in with their kids and one boy had a LIGHT SABER with him that he brandished all around the restaurant. At one point he came over to our table and just stood there and stared at us. The mom did nothing about any of this.
    I just corresponded with a Mod and I'm going to start a thread about this under "C E Light." Mod felt there would be a lot of discussion and feelings on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had a first today... I answered the phone and a home security telemarketer started in with her spiel. I interupted and said, "Your company has called me many times before and I wish you would stop. I'm not interested. Thank you." and I hung up. A minute later the phone rang again and the same lady said in a snippy voice, "I was going to say, before you hung up on me..." I interrupted again and said, "DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN!" and hung up. What the heck? Heckled by a telemarketer! And I really was that polite the first time - I'm not cleaning it up to make myself look good.
    Gut, I know it was a few days ago that you posted this, but I just saw it. The way I understand the telemarketer laws, if you tell them that you do not want to be called and you tell them to take you off their list, if they call you again, you can register a complaint with the government (I honestly can't remember if it is state or federal and which agency). Aside from what she did being heckling, it may also have been illegal . . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Gut, I know it was a few days ago that you posted this, but I just saw it. The way I understand the telemarketer laws, if you tell them that you do not want to be called and you tell them to take you off their list, if they call you again, you can register a complaint with the government (I honestly can't remember if it is state or federal and which agency). Aside from what she did being heckling, it may also have been illegal . . .
    KatesMom - see my post #17202 on this thread. Thanks for the reinforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    KatesMom - see my post #17202 on this thread. Thanks for the reinforcement.
    I've been on this list since they started it several years ago.
    It did work fine for a while. However, as of the past year or so, I'm starting to getting these calls all over again.
    I think the DNCR is down on manpower now.
    When I got these calls, I just tell them right away I'm on the DNCR. It usually stops them, but some are still persistent. That's why I think they have a lack of manpower at the Registry to enforce things and the telemarketers know that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I googled "do not call" and was able to do it on-line in about 2 minutes.
    Count your blessings!

The joy of owning classic cars with 25 gallon gas tanks. $150 for gas in 2 days to fill them both.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I've been on this list since they started it several years ago.
    It did work fine for a while. However, as of the past year or so, I'm starting to getting these calls all over again.
    I think the DNCR is down on manpower now.
    When I got these calls, I just tell them right away I'm on the DNCR. It usually stops them, but some are still persistent. That's why I think they have a lack of manpower at the Registry to enforce things and the telemarketers know that.
    I recently had to register our number again. You can register your cell numbers too. For the most part it does work great. There is also a website to remove your name from receiving junk mail.

Love that avatar - inthegarden those legs and ears are so much!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

And believe me he knows how to use both...
    listen....do you hear that ? oooh scary.....slap, slap, grab, jump, jump, runnnnnnn... you remember.
    just1paul likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I recently had to register our number again. You can register your cell numbers too. For the most part it does work great. There is also a website to remove your name from receiving junk mail.
    We tried that website to remove us from receiving junk mail, but did not have much luck. Would be interested to know if you can PM me the URL and will try again. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread