+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6763Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gutmutter - My mother in law is the same way. Since my weight loss surgery, I haven't been able to eat sugar, fried foods, or foods high in fat. Literally everything that woman makes is full of sugar or fried. Even veggies will be glazed or something that makes it so I can't eat them. She's known for the last 30 + years how much I hate onions but she puts onions in everything possible. Before my surgery, I worked around that, but since, I haven't been able to eat anything she cooks. I truly believe she did it on purpose just so she could complain about how "picky" I am.

We don't have a relationship with her anymore, but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone in this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

My MIL was one of those people who equated thin with being sick. She literally stuffed food down my hubby and SIL to the point that my SIL still has horrible weight problems and the "tapes" her mom "recorded" still play in her head. Perhaps my hubby was lucky to get diabetes and have open heart valve surgery down the line. In 16 years he has lost 100 lbs, most of it in the first year after he got the diabetes.

Most of the parents of folks in my generation were obsessed with the alimentary canal; will spare you the details. Not cleaning your plate was tantamount to reason and hating your mother. Of course now we have the problem of fast food and all the junk children are eating, which has given rise to type 2 diabetes in teenagers.

What a merry go round we're all on. I'm fighting to lose 25 pounds and I still hear my mother's "tapes."

I am so glad I had a wonderful mother. Even though my mil and I didn't get along for the first few years after my fil passed away we really got along good. I took care of her and seen to her the last 5 years of her life but she would have never did me that way. She would have made sure I had something that I could eat. So sorry you ladies have had to deal with this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love this!!! Great idea! I think all cities/towns need at least 1!!!!

Restaurant Bans Young Children - AOL Small Business
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I read an article about that yesterday and I agree that it's nice to have some restaurants not have children. Kids don't have the attention span to sit for long periods of time so if you go to a restaurant where it might take an hour or more to get the food and there's no place for the kids to run around nearby and let off steam, they're going to get whiney and drive everybody crazy!

My nephew went through that stage where we couldn't take him out to eat or to movies because he was too unruly. We never let his behavior go so long that we were asked to leave because we're considerate of other people. Some parents don't seem to know or care what their little hellion is up to so sometimes it has to be to the restaurant to restrict kids so that their patrons can eat in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I love this!!! Great idea! I think all cities/towns need at least 1!!!!

Restaurant Bans Young Children - AOL Small Business

Amen! I think this is great!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It's getting a lot of talk on the news here and I'm surprised how angry some people are about it. There are plenty of places to eat out and this one only denies children UNDER THE AGE OF 6 - not all children. I would definitely go to such a place if I were going with another adult and wanted a quiet even out. I recently ate at a family restaurant where two mothers came in with their kids and one boy had a LIGHT SABER with him that he brandished all around the restaurant. At one point he came over to our table and just stood there and stared at us. The mom did nothing about any of this.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - I just adore your avatar!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Thanks Paul - I've become addicted to taking pictures of her and posting a new one every day, but I may keep this one up a couple of days. You wouldn't believe how shredded I allowed my hand to get in order to take this particular picture. This is her full-attack, crazed face.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thanks Paul - I've become addicted to taking pictures of her and posting a new one every day, but I may keep this one up a couple of days. You wouldn't believe how shredded I allowed my hand to get in order to take this particular picture. This is her full-attack, crazed face.
    I love you. You are a good Mom. Take all the pictures throughout her life and enjoy the treasure. Even the shredding of hands with be looked back at with a smile, even a year from now. Minerva - keep that innocence and know that you are well loved.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread