+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6442Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good thing I'm a gemini... my class was cut and I'm teaching art next year. I was an art major in college, so right up my alley. I'm sorry the great new art teacher is going, but when I went in the closet to take inventory to do my purchase orders I felt like a kid in a candy shop. The last art teacher stock-piled major craft supplies and there are stacks and stacks of unopened supplies. I asked each of my classes, "If you could do anything at all in art next year, what would you want to do?" and I got pages and pages of great ideas. I also told them some of my ideas to see what they thought, and they loved them. Some of the graduating 8th graders even said they wished they were staying back so they could have me as an art teacher. So I'm sad to be losing my class and the current art teacher, but I'm really starting to get excited about teaching art next year.
    Count your blessings!

Great news, Gut! Our area is getting rid of a lot of teachers. One of my friends will be traveling to 2 different schools....which I guess could be worse!
    Last edited by famita; 06-24-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: silly progressive spelling due to clumsy fingers

Unfortunately, my new art teacher friend took it really badly. Once the hammer fell, she started avoiding me, said some things behind my back that got back to me, responded angrily to an olive branch e-mail I sent, wouldn't let me in her room to take inventory, etc. I wasn't given a choice, so I don't know how it's my fault, and I feel very badly about it. But I can only control my own reactions, and I tried not to show any excitement over the switch near her. Still, it breaks my heart.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Unfortunately, my new art teacher friend took it really badly. Once the hammer fell, she started avoiding me, said some things behind my back that got back to me, responded angrily to an olive branch e-mail I sent, wouldn't let me in her room to take inventory, etc. I wasn't given a choice, so I don't know how it's my fault, and I feel very badly about it. But I can only control my own reactions, and I tried not to show any excitement over the switch near her. Still, it breaks my heart.
    Unfortunately is right. Sorry to read that she reacted in that manner. But you have tried and kudos to you for that! Now enjoy your summer.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter -- I am so sorry to read about all the unpleasantness. I know you feel badly but like you said, you had nothing to do with it. While I feel sorry for the other person involved, I hope you will try to resolve how you feel and over the summer think good thoughts and enjoy yourself.

I'm going in tomorrow to move stuff from my old room into the art room and start bringing in craft supplies I've been finding deals on or for free. I found a huge stash of full-color coffee table books for 50c. ea. at a yard sale yesterday. Perfect for idea folders and collages. I just left them in the car and will get a rolling cart to take them in and then take the elevator. Once I start playing around in there and setting up lesson plans, I know I'll really get into it.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah, leave her alone until she's able to come to terms with what has happened. This is all about her....not about you. She'll either come around, or she won't.

I hate it when people take things out on the wrong person.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If she doesn't come around, I'll have to unfriend her on facebook. I imagine myself wanting to rave about how much fun I'm having teaching art. The other thing is that she took a LOT of covered boxes out to her car the last day, locking her door every time she left. I can't imagine she had that much of her own stuff there and I'm afraid of what I'll find when I go in tomorrow morning. I won't borrow trouble, but if she did steal school supplies, how stupid would that be? It's hard enough to get a job without your former employer writing that on a reference.
    Count your blessings!

If it were me, I'd make sure to tell an administrator to go in with you to check the room the first time. That way if supplies ARE missing, there is no way it can be blamed on you. And, yes, I am a 'b' once again; if it was me, I wouldn't bother 'unfriending' her, I'd just let her have to see my posts or ignore me. (I assume you can 'ignore' on facebook, I've just not been able to get into iit)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I didn't see your post in time, but there was a glaringly obvious theft of about half of the boxes of clay. The asst. super is a friend of mine and she happened to be walking by right after I discovered it. I asked her to come in and explained the situation. She was shocked. I can't prove how much there was before other than two e-mails I wrote to my sister and former art teacher about the amount of clay and how I wouldn't have to order any this year. She's thinking about what the options are. There's no chance it could be blamed on me, though. Everyone knows I wasn't able to get in on Friday, and I made the discovery early today without having left the building.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread