+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Somebody oughta grab your nose between their knuckles, and slap it!!
    woooo woooooo wooooo woooo wooooo *doing the curley shuffle*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

One more week of school. I'm going to tackle purchase orders today. My department was cut so I'm teaching art next year. Never filled out a single purchase order for World Languages, so this ought to be fun. And since the ATA president is holding out hope to the pink-slipped art teacher that jobs could be reinstated, I should really get her input in case things change over the summer.
    Count your blessings!

Sounds like a good plan on the art purchases to get the other teacher's feedback. What does ATA stand for? I am holding out hope for both of you, by the way.

It's the union.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

happy father's day to all the fort dads! May you have a relaxing day!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Horrible day yesterday! A storm blew through at about 8:00 a.m., knocked out my power at 8:15. It wasn't even a bad storm, by comparison to other storms I've gone through. Called the power company, the recording said they expected to have the problem resolved by 11:00 a.m. Power finally resumed at 10:00 p.m.! Luckily, it wasn't overly hot yesterday, but it did get into the low 80s
    with high humidity. I called and called, but there wasn't even an update on the situation until about 8:00 p.m. ..... and these people want to raise the rates but give lousy customer service!!! They should really concern themselves with getting updated information out to their customers! The reason for the outage was "tree branches/limbs on the line". That just told me that they haven't been maintaining like they should. They've always been pretty great at coming out and hacking out an ugly chunk from your trees to keep them away from their lines. They leave the trees looking so ugly that it will hurt your feelings!

Grumbling over!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yay!!! Breadcrumbs at bottom of page have returned!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me. I would get to the bottom of a page and know that I was looking for something and not remember what... like almost every time. I'm must be getting old.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know what "breadcrumbs" are! Help!

Also, here's a discussion question: Is there a difference between a "bad decision" and a "mistake"? I think there is, but some people don't. We were talking about this this weekend, too, and they wanted me to bring the question to my FoRT friends. My personal opinion is that the difference is in intent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bread crumbs are when you get to the bottom of the page and want to go back to the general forum without scrolling back up to the top.

In answer to your question, I'd say you can make a mistake because you didn't have enough information, innocently misjudged a situation, or any number of other reasons, but a bad decision implies that (as you said) you intended to make it, knowing it wasn't a good decision. So not the same thing.
    Count your blessings!

I didn't know what bread crumbs were either but I'm glad they're back too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread