+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5917Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Welcome back Gut! Sounds like the trip was a success and enjoyed by all. It's fun to visit places with those who are seeing things for the first time. I thought of you as I tracked the path that the tornadoes were taking and was glad that you weren't home. My son's school sustained quite a bit of damage so he and quite a few friends are spending the week-end volunteering there and in the community. He said the National Guard is there and stopping cars trying to enter the city to ask what their business is becasuse you can't enter unless you are there to help.

Sorry about your son's school, but glad to hear he's volunteering. I'm still not clear on what places sustained hits since we were out of the country at the time. That's the sort of thing I'm normally glued to the news about. Glad to hear you're safe. I just got back from a grocery run and will probably take a nap after I check in here.
    Count your blessings!

CCL

Glad you had a nice trip, Gutmutter. I was wondering if your area was hit...I knew you were out of town but I didn't want you to come home to ruin.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was close... my neighbor told me they saw clouds beginning to swirl above our neighborhood, but it never completely formed. There are a lot of leaves and branches down.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but I saw a news clip that showed these kids doing rodeo events....ALL of them....with stick horses!! I am talking bucking broncos (waving their cowboy hats around, and getting bucked off the stick horse!), calf roping (the calf looked like "huh??? what???"), barrel racing.....I saw an adult doing dressage, in full regalia; the person was doing the steps that the horse would have been doing!! It was refreshing and hilarious!!

This was being done on stick horses because, apparently, there is a fatal herpes epidemic going on in the horse world. I don't know if this is a recent thing, but it was worth seeing. It was the most ridiculously cute thing I have seen in a very long time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow. So not liking the new format. Hard on the eyes; not sure I'll stay. Sorry.
    (Though I'll give it a try; maybe I'll change my mind if I get used to it satisfactorily.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm not liking it either. Hard to navigate for me. I am coming here less often now because of it.
    Ellen likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I'm really not liking it, either. Surgically cold and difficult on the eyes. I don't like that when you get to the bottom of the page you have to scroll all the way back up to go back to the general catagory you're in. I don't like change in general, but I'll give myself time to get used to it. I won't be giving up on FORT, though. You can't get rid of me that easily!
    Count your blessings!

It is so much like other sites. Give it a chance all. Not too bad once you get used to it. only takes a nano second to scroll back up.

You can also scroll to the bottom left and change the style to fort default test. I did and it seems a bit "warmer"
    M_shelll likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks Paul. That is slightly better. How do you quote another post?

It seems to jump around on me. I'll be reading in the middle of a page and it'll jump back to the top, or sometimes to the bottom. I'm not sure if I'm scrolling and reading before it is finished loading or what.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread