+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I got 3 Dean Martin Show videos at a yard sale yesterday!!! Guess who I thought of?
    Jerry Lewis?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

If anyone has seen my dignity, would you please return it? We were invited for the first time to some new friends house for a party. We met some of their friends, had a lovely time until I fell off the bottom step, took ALL the hide off my knee and top of my foot (I haven't skint anything like that since I was a kid), cut the other foot and broke my big toe. On a good note, I never dropped the drink I was holding, nor did I spill a drop of it, which is unusual as I can spill a drink sitting still in a chair.

Needless to say, it brought the evening to a grinding halt. You just cannot take me anywhere. I can barely move today and do you know how much of your balance is in a big toe? I've almost fallen a couple dozen times today by trying to walk without putting weight on my toe.

And I wasn't even intoxicated. Yeah, unbelievable right?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That is when it always happens to me also. MRD I feel your pain and the dignity is skulking around somewhere.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Wow! That sounds painful. But in that situation you have to take a cats attitude. Just stand up, brush yourself off, and give everyone your "I meant to do that" look!!

Seriously, I hope you're feeling better soon.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, once, sprained both of my big toes several days apart, and I learned all about how important your big toes are to your balance. And they take their own sweet time about feeling better. I learned a whole new way of walking, to say the least! And it wasn't pretty.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Well the whole new way of walking is now affecting my hip and back on that side. And am so sore everywhere. Turn 49 and decrepitude sets in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is anyone a member of Angie's List? I'm thinking about joining, and I'm looking for opinions. I never realized that it was a membership-thing, but it seems like it would be worth it.
    Since I seem to be the only one here who is a member of Angies List, I thought I'd give another point of view.

I joined about a year ago because I was having some major renovations on my house. I am definitely very happy that I joined. The rating and reviews have been very helpful to me and most likely saved me far more money than I spent for the membership fee.
    One thing that sets the reviews there apart from reviews posted other places, is that they actually check to verify that the review is legit and not some business sending in a terrific review about themselves. Or, someone sending in a false bad review. Angies List does not accept anonymous reviews.

Members are encouraged to send in detailed reviews which include not only the quality of work but also the actual cost of the work done. I have sent in 4 this past year. 3 were very good, and 1 (which was not listed on Angies List 'til I sent in my review) was really, really bad. The work was under par and the price was many times what would have been reasonible.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    ... had a lovely time until I fell off the bottom step, took ALL the hide off my knee and top of my foot (I haven't skint anything like that since I was a kid), cut the other foot and broke my big toe. On a good note, I never dropped the drink I was holding, nor did I spill a drop of it, which is unusual as I can spill a drink sitting still in a chair....And I wasn't even intoxicated. Yeah, unbelievable right?
    That's amazing about not spilling your drink. I'm impressed like you wouldn't believe!

As one who's been in foot-injury land too many times, I can empathize. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I fell down 3-4 steps in my home several years ago and, at the time, I was carrying a full glass of iced tea. I don't know how, but I did not spill one drop of my tea....and I fell forward!! I have no idea how that worked. I don't think I"ve fallen since, and I'm paying much closer attention to my step-descending styles, too.

Photobabe, thank you for your review of your Angie's list membership. It was pretty informative. I will take what you say into consideration. I tend to trust my FoRT family.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

While watching a judge show, a defendant who was being sued by a former girlfriend actually said, "I can't compat.....we can't compat....", describing their inablilty to get along. As much as the misuse of words makes me crazy, I also love it when people come up with creative words that get the point across!

Then, there was the guy who when describing bickering came up with the term "bicker-backering". What's not to love love there?

+ Reply to Thread