+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    They already do on some airlines. $2 for a coke and another $2 for a snack.
    Good grief!!! What next? A charge for a pillow, or a blanket?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I always bring my own if I'm flying far, and usually have something better that way anyhow. I never really liked the meals on airplanes anyway. MRD, if I possibly can, I fly Airtran, Frontier or Southwest. Funny, these 'discount' airlines don't charge for the little snack or drink, but the 'better' airlines do.
    Can I also take a minute to be sad that Southwest bought Airtran? AT is just as inexpensive, plus I like their service much better. And Southwest has the buttugliest color scheme ever on their jets!
    I suppose I had better use my couple of free AT trips I've built up before they are erased due to the takeover; where can I go that it won't be too hot or unsafe to camp out in a car? i'm really broke. Fortunately I don't have to eat much at all any more

The last few years, I have flown Alligient from Greenville to Florida. The flights are cheap (I flew round trip for $50). It's a one hour flight. I figure I don't need to eat or drink in that one hour, stuff that is mostly crap anyway.
    They charge extra to check baggage, for a seat assignment, priority boarding and express boarding. If I did all that, the $50 round trip turns into $200. For a one hour flight, I don't need to get on first, check a bag, have an assigned seat or anything else.

And yes, SW colors scheme is horrible.

Pisgah forest in NC has rough camping spots and it's not hot at all up there right now. It's about 45 min. from Greenville, so about a 2-3 hour drive for you?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is anyone a member of Angie's List? I'm thinking about joining, and I'm looking for opinions. I never realized that it was a membership-thing, but it seems like it would be worth it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is anyone a member of Angie's List? I'm thinking about joining, and I'm looking for opinions. I never realized that it was a membership-thing, but it seems like it would be worth it.
    I checked it out a few times, thought of joining, and am very glad I did not. All they ever have is those contractors I would never use. For me, it was a waste.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I got the impression that it is like an epinions.com for your area services...like repairmen, electricians, etc. Am I mistaken?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, it is basically like most stuff on the Internet. People post opinions.
    I found that it contained very few reviews on services that I was interested in. And, the reviews I foud didn't look overly credible.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yelp and Citysearch have free reviews of local businesses including the kind mentioned.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have mentioned in the past the Italian Astronaut Paulo, that I'm following on twitter. He has been in space since Dec/2010 for a 6month mission, and is expected to return the end of this month. He has been twittering from space, and has been providing awesome pictures of earth.

This is just unbelievable!!

astro_paolo Paolo Nespoli
    RT @Astro_Ron: Our house guests have arrived! Space Shuttle Endeavour on approach over the Rhine River #FromSpace Our house guests have arrived! Space Shuttle Endeavour on app... on Twitpic

I want to say that just in case the world ends tomorrow.........I sure get a kick out of watching John Boehner cry!!

I got 3 Dean Martin Show videos at a yard sale yesterday!!! Guess who I thought of?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread