+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

So glad to hear that, shay. Back east it has been a bad season for allergies, and one of our fellow posters on f/g has had a particularly bad time and could not find anything to help her.

I've learned to keep the windows shut when necessary and keep the pollen, etc. out of the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am in the east, but I am all good!!! Lucky me! I like to keep my windows open as much as possible, too. If they return, I'll resort to my "Nora, the neti pot" before I go back to my meds! I hate pills!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am in the east, but I am all good!!! Lucky me! I like to keep my windows open as much as possible, too. If they return, I'll resort to my "Nora, the neti pot" before I go back to my meds! I hate pills!!!
    Wrong assumption; don't know why but I somehow assumed you lived in California. My bad.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Speaking of "my bad", I was at a walmart when the hschool ager rang up an item twice. When I brought it to his attention, he said,...."my bad". He also told us that he didn't want to ring us up. I hope he was trying to be funny, but it was a little off-putting. I was told to "chill little mama" by my new better half!

I got a call from my daughter this weekend from a pay phone in Yellowstone... they don't get cell phone service or internet!!! Can you imagine?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I got a call from my daughter this weekend from a pay phone in Yellowstone... they don't get cell phone service or internet!!! Can you imagine?
    Holy crap. Heaven and hell at the same time.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    So it's one of those "nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there" kind of places.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

There's service as soon as you get outside the park. For me, one of the nicest things about National Parks is the fact that they don't allow cell towers and such there, so I don't have to hear people jabbering loudly on their phone or cluelessly text messaging as they drive or walk all over you and never notice. There aren't even that many pay phones there. Personally, I love it. I do carry a walkie talkie so if there's a real emergency I could get in touch with law enforcement. Beyond that--I'll call next week.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Gutmutter -- I don't know when you lasTheyt flew, but all the "plane rides" have turned into "plain rides." I wonder when they will start charging for drinks of the non-alcoholic variety, and the paltry little snacks they give out these days.
    They already do on some airlines. $2 for a coke and another $2 for a snack.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I always bring my own if I'm flying far, and usually have something better that way anyhow. I never really liked the meals on airplanes anyway. MRD, if I possibly can, I fly Airtran, Frontier or Southwest. Funny, these 'discount' airlines don't charge for the little snack or drink, but the 'better' airlines do.
    Can I also take a minute to be sad that Southwest bought Airtran? AT is just as inexpensive, plus I like their service much better. And Southwest has the buttugliest color scheme ever on their jets!
    I suppose I had better use my couple of free AT trips I've built up before they are erased due to the takeover; where can I go that it won't be too hot or unsafe to camp out in a car? i'm really broke. Fortunately I don't have to eat much at all any more
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread