+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7189Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Happy Friday the 13th!!! This is my favorite "holiday" because horror movies are shown on most upper channels all night!! Woot Woot!! My insomnia will be a blessing tonight!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Happy Friday the 13th!!! This is my favorite "holiday" because horror movies are shown on most upper channels all night!! Woot Woot!! My insomnia will be a blessing tonight!!
    I love that, too!
    BTW, the hubby and I recently discovered Elvira's Movie Macabre on Saturday nights. OMG. I'd use the term "B-movie" for them, but that would be too high a classification. But bad enough to be "so bad it's funny." It's our new "date" thing.
    The one we saw last week reminded me of when we were in junior high and would make our own movies with my grandpa's 8mm movie camera, and we'd make the sound track on cassette tape, and then try to coordinate the two. Yeah. That bad. It was hilarious!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My daughter arrived safely after a long plain ride with an overnight in an airport and a quick plane change. So breathing a sigh of relief.
    Gutmutter - thanks for the update on your daughter's trip. I hope she enjoys her new job!

Friday the 13th? So far, so good here. I won't be watching any horror movies tonight. Real life is scary enough for me Have fun with Elvira, Ellen!

Laughing at my own spelling of "plain ride". Must be Friday the 13th.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Laughing at my own spelling of "plain ride". Must be Friday the 13th.
    Oh, I thought you just meant that she flew coach rather than first class (which would have been a "fancy ride")?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm claiming "chemo brain" on that one. I spelled it right later in the same post. She met another girl going to Yellowstone on her flight and they changed their 2 single rooms to a double so they could get to know each other (they had to stay overnight in a hotel to catch the 6 a.m. bus into Yellowstone this morning).
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter -- I don't know when you last flew, but all the "plane rides" have turned into "plain rides." I wonder when they will start charging for drinks of the non-alcoholic variety, and the paltry little snacks they give out these days.

I mowed my lawn yesterday with my new elecric mower. It's self-propelled which took some getting used to. Rechargeable batteries. Quiet. When it gets hot, I can mow early in the morning and not wake my neighbors. Actually less expensive than the last gas mower I bought at Walmart. No more gas and oil and noise! It doesn't take much to make me happy.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Gutmutter -- I don't know when you last flew, but all the "plane rides" have turned into "plain rides." I wonder when they will start charging for drinks of the non-alcoholic variety, and the paltry little snacks they give out these days.
    Scandinavian Airlines do that on the flights within Europe. You get nothing, but you can purcahse food. I mostly fly Scandinavian within Europe, being well, Scandinavian, so I don't really know how the other ones are doing. Last I flew Lufthansa, I got a great meal, though.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know about anyone else, but my allergies seem to be taking a season off this spring! The weather reports all talk about how this is a horrible year for allergy sufferers, but I've even stopped taking my allergy meds. Time to give my poor skin a break. For the first time in a long time, I feel fairly normal! Who knows how long it will last, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread