+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6960Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I signed up for a couples group/meetup too. Problem is my SO is not at all interested in getting together with other couples. He is so stubborn. We have 1 couple that are great friends of ours but the wife is always out of town on business. Hard to get together to do "couple" stuff without 1 of the set. We went over for Thanksgiving and another time for a game night. We have been promised to be asked over for a RockBand night. We can't / shouldn't have them over b/c of our dog situation. The one that is kept apart would bark and cry all night if people were over. We'd have to board him or something which I guess we could do if we felt like we really needed to repay the favor of having them over.

Anyway! The Bragalots may have been nervous and just trying to impress. Not sure with not having more detail but maybe cut them a break. Have them over to your place and see if the same happens.

MRD

Famita I wish you did too.

As for the bragalots, I'm actually not wanting to have them over as our place isn't nearly as nice as theirs and they made me feel really insecure. I know, I allowed myself to feel that way. But if I have them over, then what if I can't get rid of them? My husband and I have a signal and I gave it to him about 2 hours into our bragalot visit because I couldn't take it anymore. If they come over here, they may never leave. And I guess they probably expect us to reciprocate due to stuff said, but well, I can't. I can't take being alone with them again. We're going to a group meetup party this weekend and I'll see how it goes with them and other couples there. It's a pot luck dinner/dance thing. They rented a hall and a DJ and we all pay $10 and BYOB and a dish. I kinda think that's cool. That way, no one has to host and it's not all that expensive. There are going to be about 60 couples there. Maybe we can meet someone out of 120 people.

I'm sorry your SO won't go PGM. After the issues in my marriage last year, getting out and meeting people was one of the issues that got brought to the table and compromised on. He makes some effort, but he doesn't have to go to EVERYTHING. Funny thing is, he's enjoyed it and has suggested we do MORE. And naturally, he liked the Bragalots better than I did. Go figure. But before that he never wanted to go anywhere or meet anyone or do anything.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well I get out plenty so that's not a "big" issue for us. I am meeting more married women and we have fun and sometimes they do stuff that includes the SO's so I will get him out sooner rather than later. We have date night every Saturday night so we spend a lot of time together and we tend to run into the same people or familiar faces who, over the years, are friendlier when we are out and see them. If that makes sense. The couples group is very small and new, and they usually only have 1 or 2 couples at the events they are hosting. If they had big bbq parties and / or a dance potluck, that would be different. We'll see if it grows.

I was married for 15 years and we never went out once. Count your blessings.
    Count your blessings!

I still say we need to have a hen party (I'm out of school till August 24, ahem)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Gut: Bless your heart for putting up with that for so long.

You don't know the half of it! I'm sooooo much better off on my own.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I still say we need to have a hen party (I'm out of school till August 24, ahem)
    We are going to B'ham the end of the month and could be there 6 months or more. So I vote yes on the party. I might be able to afford it. We could go to the beach.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

So are you moving to AL or just leaving the house sit?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My youngest is leaving in an hour to go to Yellowstone Lake House Hotel to do her culinary internship for the summer. She's going to be overnight in Denver with a couple of other flight changes, so if you have a prayer to spare for her safe arrival, I'd appreciate it.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread