+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7196Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best wishes to your daughter, veejer. I am sure you are very proud of her.

Congratulations to your daughter and to for being her Mom.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Veejer that's fabulous. Contests to her and her proud mama.

We joined "Meetups" to, well meet people with similar interests. So far we have had a great time at the different events we've been to and met a lot of fun people. We've gotten friendly with several couples and invited 2 out to dinner and another invited us over last week for dinner and cards. ARGH!! what the heck is wrong with people? First couple was fun, but we had car trouble at the restaurant and they offered to give us a ride. He insisted I ride up front. OMG!!! he put his hand on my thigh and also tried to hold my hand! His wife and my husband in same car. So scratch them off the list. Couple on Sat. Spent the entire night showing off everything in their house and talking non-stop about themselves. Never once asked us anything about us.
    How is it in a group setting, people are so different than when it's just two couples?
    I told my husband, we are NOT doing couple things again, just the group events.
    Why is it so hard to meet semi normal people to become friends with?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

haHaHaHa , the Rosiedogs were being tested out by a couple of swingers--do you think the wife didn't think it was odd to be asked to sit in back? You failed your test. Just kidding; then again, maybe not--yuck.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Veejer that's fabulous. Contests to her and her proud mama.

We joined "Meetups" to, well meet people with similar interests. So far we have had a great time at the different events we've been to and met a lot of fun people. We've gotten friendly with several couples and invited 2 out to dinner and another invited us over last week for dinner and cards. ARGH!! what the heck is wrong with people? First couple was fun, but we had car trouble at the restaurant and they offered to give us a ride. He insisted I ride up front. OMG!!! he put his hand on my thigh and also tried to hold my hand! His wife and my husband in same car. So scratch them off the list. Couple on Sat. Spent the entire night showing off everything in their house and talking non-stop about themselves. Never once asked us anything about us.
    How is it in a group setting, people are so different than when it's just two couples?
    I told my husband, we are NOT doing couple things again, just the group events.
    Why is it so hard to meet semi normal people to become friends with?
    Reminds me of Edith and Archie Bunker!!! Innocent Edith responded to a "let's be friends" ad in the back of a magazine, and got hooked up with a couple of swingers!!!

Maybe not so far from the truth?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

EWWWWWWW!!! This is a fairly family oriented meetup group. They do BBQ's where kids are there and they do more adult oriented things like movies, karaoke, sports bar things, hiking. I have never had any of the other men do anything remotely like that. Oh, gross. I never thought THAT guys.

So what about the "Bragalots"? How do you handle people like that?

We just want a few couples to hang out with. We have never had such a difficult time finding fun and normal friends.

I think your instinct to stick to group gatherings for now is spot on. Maybe once you've attended several of those, you'll get a better feel for who's who.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think your instinct to stick to group gatherings for now is spot on. Maybe once you've attended several of those, you'll get a better feel for who's who.
    We've probably been to a dozen things in the last 3 months and had gotten along well with these couples, had stuff in common, etc. Thought these couples were worth getting to know better. Live and learn I guess.

Well, I wish I lived closer!

+ Reply to Thread